PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Angie's List?

JC
11-24-2014, 05:04 PM
I love Angie's List not only for the opportunity to have reviews posted about my business on a reputable site for all to see but also because I like giving reviews. I actually saved a couple hundred dollars recently when my old insurance company tried to bill me for something I vehemently disagreed with. I told them I was going to put them on A.L. and their regional manager called me immediately and treated me like a king lol....and waived the bill!

Unfortunately they seem to make us hustle for reviews, as only one or two reviews for a company may not even show up. I've happily told a couple of small businesses that I was so thrilled with them that I was going to put them on Angie's List only to realize that since it was the only review posted it wouldn't show up, which is such a shame. Do you have any thoughts?

ryantc
12-28-2014, 04:15 PM
I've found a 'Submit your review' help page on Angies List - Submitting a review on a provider (http://support.angieslist.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58/~/submitting-a-review-on-a-provider). You may view the site and see if you find the answers to your questions. It's a good FAQ page regarding reviews, reviews in queue, submitting reviews, review edits, etc.

JC
12-28-2014, 06:24 PM
I've found a 'Submit your review' help page on Angies List - Submitting a review on a provider (http://support.angieslist.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58/~/submitting-a-review-on-a-provider). You may view the site and see if you find the answers to your questions. It's a good FAQ page regarding reviews, reviews in queue, submitting reviews, review edits, etc.

Thanks for the link! I've actually spoken with Angies List on several occasions and have decided to cancel my membership with them because there are too many reviews that I've posted that simply don't show up when searching.

Harold Mansfield
12-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I like Angie's List and get quite a bit of work from people who've found me on there. I really have no issues with them as a company at all. If I had one complaint it's that the website is harder to use than it has to be and the design outdated, but it works.

David Hunter
01-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Got great business from Angie's List when I was in real estate.

The one thing I noticed was... It seemed the clientele we got were "higher quality."

I'm not saying higher quality as in price (we got listings from $100,000-$600,000), but the people were just really nice and were really easy to work with.

JC
01-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Got great business from Angie's List when I was in real estate.

The one thing I noticed was... It seemed the clientele we got were "higher quality."

I'm not saying higher quality as in price (we got listings from $100,000-$600,000), but the people were just really nice and were really easy to work with.

I think most customers who use Angie's List have had enough bad experiences prior to joining that they're happy and grateful when they find businesses they can count on.

Harold Mansfield
01-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Also you have to pay to access Angie's list. That cuts down on the riff-raff. Cheapskates looking to screw someone over will go to Craig's List. They won't pay to access service providers.

smallbizfinancier
01-13-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't see too much value in their company. You could get the same from establishing a Yelp account and having people submit positive reviews. All of this is accomplished without paying a dime.
The one drawback, which of course you'll encounter with AL too, is that some reviews get marginalised due to their crawler.