PDA

View Full Version : How do you reignite your passion for your business

JC
11-22-2014, 02:18 PM
It's a slow time for me as a landscaper as I'm waiting for the snow to melt here in Michigan so I can wrap up a few remaining jobs while in the meantime searching diligently for winter remodeling work, which I already know isn't going to be easy. In the meantime, I'm reading "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson and it's really helping me keep my chin up and stay enthusiastic. What do you do when times are tough?

shrinkme
11-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I pray. I can put it into more practical terms... Focus on your issue. What is it exactly? Are you just looking for work to keep you busy during the off times? Are you looking for something more profitable that isn't dependent on the season? Come up with a definition to your problem. Brainstorm some solutions. Get bizarre and think outside the box. Put together two or three. Then execute one and measure the results.

Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a solution to your problem but if you think about it long and hard, you may come up with one.

It seems like everyone in your line of business does about the same thing. Why not try something different?

Let me know if this makes sense.

JC
11-22-2014, 02:51 PM
I pray. I can put it into more practical terms... Focus on your issue. What is it exactly? Are you just looking for work to keep you busy during the off times? Are you looking for something more profitable that isn't dependent on the season? Come up with a definition to your problem. Brainstorm some solutions. Get bizarre and think outside the box. Put together two or three. Then execute one and measure the results.

Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a solution to your problem but if you think about it long and hard, you may come up with one.

It seems like everyone in your line of business does about the same thing. Why not try something different?

Let me know if this makes sense.

Yes, it does makes sense, and thanks! I am attempting to get into more remodeling, which is new for me, and last winter became licensed and insured. Michigan's economy still isn't all that great though, so finding work is challenging, esp. for someone like me treading into a field I don't have a ton of experience in. And this remodeling work is meant to expand my income during winter months when landscaping slows down.

ryantc
11-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Here are a few easy tips to reignite your passion for your business.
Get back to the beginning and think about why you started this particular business to begin with.
Play to your strengths.
Take a break, relax, and rejuvenate.
Make a list of improvements to your business.
Write out your mission statement.
Good Luck!