PDA

View Full Version : Small websites under one LLC?

OldeOwl
11-21-2014, 03:00 AM
I have several small websites that make a little each month. I've just recently formed my first LLC. I want to associate these small websites under this one LLC, but I'm not sure about some legalities.

Do I need to have DBAs(official fictitious names) for each of the sites? Or, are they just brands of my main LLC? My LLC is pretty generic, and I don't mind having it listed on the bottom of each site.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Harold Mansfield
11-21-2014, 11:03 AM
One LLC is fine. Talk to an attorney for best results, but generally you don't need separate business entities for each website. Managing and Publishing Websites IS the business.

BizAdvisor
11-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Although it is not mandatory that you register fictitious names for all of your websites, it would have it's benefits... Especially if you wanted them all protected under your LLC's limited liability. Right now, your LLC is separate from your websites. Your LLC is its own legal entity, but your websites are not (they have no protections as they are under you and not your LLC.) If you were to register DBAs for your sites, under your LLC, they will be covered by your LLC's limited liability; i.e. they will have their own company/name distinctions, but will be covered and taxed as one legal entity; LLC.