PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 4 line phone for small business

rbaldwin7
11-18-2014, 04:56 PM
I am looking for a desktop phone that can handle 4 phone lines. We are a small company engine repair company currently with 4 phones running on 3 phone lines. I've done a lot of searching online and have tried a couple at Staples. Most seem to be proprietary and only work properly with a couple other models from the same brand. Some beep constantly every 2 seconds when you put someone on old ( the customer hears the beeps ), which can be quite annoying.

Does anyone have knowledge of a good place to look or models to look at?

Appreciated, Ryan

vangogh
11-18-2014, 10:03 PM
The only places that are coming to mind are the usual office supply stores like Staples. Maybe Office Depot or Office Max. Your phone company probably has something, but who knows how much they charge. I don't have specific models to recommend. I can understand needing to get all the phones from the company though. I don't think there's any open standards for the different phones to communicate. Besides they'd all rather you buy all your phones from them.

I would think something like the beeping for people on hold is something that could be changed in most modern phones. It's been a few years since I had a phone other than an iPhone, but even then you had options for quite a few things.

Sarah - Dufferin Media
11-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Perhaps look on google in your local area for tele-communications / IT company - we have a local small business guy that does this sort of phone networking for not very much money.
Good luck!
If you are ever looking for a virtual phone line / number we use Ring Central and it works great.
S