PDA

View Full Version : General Liability Insurance for LLC

newyorker
11-12-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm looking for a good general liability insurance for LLC that does travel services in NY and NJ with 3-4 employees and a few dozens of contractors. Does anyone know/have any good insurances for this type of business? How do you cover yourself? Thanks.

vangogh
11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to reply to keep the thread active. Have you looked around and not found what you were looking for?

newyorker
11-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I found a few. Most major companies offer GL insurances such as GEICO, Progressive and others just want to see who likes/dislikes certain insurance companies

tallen
11-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Have you talked to an independent insurance agent who handles commercial insurance?

We have two different businesses insured with MMG (not sure if they offer coverage in your geographic area or industry), and a third insured with Markel (the only underwriter I have found so far to insure that particular type of business).

If you have employees, you probably also need to carry worker's comp insurance. Who is providing that for you? Are you working with a local agent who might be able to steer you to GL providers? FWIW, we have our worker's comp with MEMIC (they work in some 46 states, not sure if NY & NJ are on their list).