PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here had any success with Indiegogo?

will.i.earn
11-06-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm wondering if anyone of you experts here had any first-hand success in this crowdfunding platform. If so, any tips on how someone could experience the same? Thanks in advance!

Yoav
11-06-2014, 05:43 AM
Hi Will,

In my line of work I helps create a number of successful crowdfunding ventures. I hope I can help.

it goes with out saying (but I'll say it anyway) that a successful crowdfunding project starts with a great idea, something you could sell and can generate revenue in the near future.

the next thing you need is creditability. which you accomplish by combining number of things:
1. never do it alone, no one will want the bankroll just one guy with an idea, good as it is.
2. talk about the competition. don't act like you invented the wheel, show what's around and then explain why your so much better.
3. the most important thing - you will never succeed if you don't have an awesome video that promoted you and your team.

I strongly urge you to use a professional. a great video will make the crowd affiliate with you and believe in your idea and skills. no amount of words will do the same. if you want to fund thousands of dollars you will need to spent a couple of hundreds on a video. a lousy video will disrispect the crowd and will get you no where.

There are number of ways you can do that. But I'm not sure about the forum regulation about posting them here so just send me a message and I'll try to help.

Owen
11-15-2014, 12:16 AM
I used to work for a company that used Kickstarter. I was hired right before the campaign. We went from a garage to an office within about 3 1/2 months :)