PDA

View Full Version : Writer seeking narratives of business failure and recovery.

MrFred
11-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Hey all,

My name is Fred, and I'm an editor and writer with Intuit, the company behind QuickBooks and TurboTax. Most of my work has centered around editing and writing content that aims to help small business owners run their businesses better. Through my time lurking here and reading a few threads, it looks like this forum aims to do the same. With that in mind, I was wondering if some of you might be willing to share a tale or two with me.

As part of a new initiative for Docstoc.com, a fairly recent Intuit acquisition, I hope to share stories of small business/entrepreneurial failures and their subsequent recoveries. I want to tell true stories about business pitfalls (broken partnerships, not being able to make that critical payment, etc) how your business recovered from it and what you learned from the experience. There are lessons in tales like these, and I want to share those lessons with a wider audience to inform and instill confidence in other business owners. That's where you come in.

If you have a story you would like to share, I'd like to interview you about it. Completed pieces would first appear on Docstoc.com.

If you're interested in talking about your experiences, please send me a PM and we can correspond from there. If you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. My thanks in advance for your time.

David Hunter
11-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, Fred!

MrFred
11-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Thank you, David! I appreciate the welcome.