PDA

View Full Version : Help with website opinion?

corrugated
11-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a little help. I created a website for our family business (corrugated box company), and I'm looking for some feedback/constructive criticism. Just a quick sentence or two would be fine. Thank you very much! Please respond to the message board or private message only and NOT through the company email on website. Here is the site: grimesbox.com. thanks again!

Harold Mansfield
11-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Moved to Website Reviews: Website Reviews (http://www.small-business-forum.net/website-reviews/)

Patrysha
11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
This site as it stands now is really only useful for people who already know and trust you/your business and know exactly what they need. It's not going to help you establish your expertise or convince them to switch suppliers or help a new customer choose you.

It's a great effort for a do it yourself website for a family business, but it's not likely to perform.

hookedonbiz
11-04-2014, 01:46 PM
First and foremost: There should be something that tells your site visitors why they should order from YOU instead of someone else. Is it your stellar 24/7 customer service? Or lowest prices on the internet? The fact that your custom boxes are AWESOME? Pick your best feature and say it loud and proud on your homepage instead of just "this is what we have in stock".

ludovic
12-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Your website looks nice, clean and clear. But you should add pictures of some of your packaging. Because I remember for my former business, I had to buy packaging and have some difficulties to know and represent dimension

Paul
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
The design is nice and simple-for me that is what I want to see in a website for that type of commodity product. Gets to the point, no flashy junk on it.

However, someone mentioned leading with your best feature. I think the warehousing of boxes for clients is a big benefit. I’d put that right on top.

I agree also with posting pictures or at least drawings for the boxes. I’d also categorize for a purpose search. Storage boxes, file boxes, moving boxes, shipping boxes etc etc

May also post pics of boxes you’ve done for other companies just as a matter of credibility.

nealrm
12-03-2014, 03:48 PM
The site is clear, easy to read. It is missing one important item - no where does have a "Place Order". Isn't that the purpose of the site, to get orders? I would put in at the top in the menu.