PDA

View Full Version : Please review SoulJuice Adventures

Just H
03-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi again guys. I've designed a new site of a biz I'm going to be a part of and would love some feedback. Thanks in advance.

SoulJuice Adventures.com (http://souljuiceadventures.com/)

vangogh
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Overall I like the design. Just a thought. Given the topic I wonder if more curves would work better. Maybe just a personal preference.

In the boxes on the right some padding would help. The text is right up against the edges and would read easier with a little extra space. Also the link in the sidebar is a little harder to see. I think another color would work better.

The links in general are a little hard to see. I know they have the dotted underlined text but many that's a default look for acronyms. I think a different color would make the links stand out more.

I'm not sure the copy does enough to convince me to buy though. I'd like to know more detail about what the SOULminars include. Are they tailored to me personally? If not what are some of the planned exercises or topics that will be discussed? I'd also ask everyone at to fill out something quick at the end of each one in order to have testimonials to show on the site. I think testimonials will go a long way toward helping convince your target market to sign up.

The online coaching looks more tailored to the individual. Is that true of the IM sessions or just the email sesssions? Why not add a teleseminar of sorts. You could run them once a week with the ability to download after the teleseminar is finished. That might even lead to products that could be sold later in time if some teleseminars stay focused on a particular subject.

The email and IM might actually work best as a follow up after someone has been to a SOULminar or listened to a teleseminar. I'm not sure how many people would sign up to pay for either without having first experienced the workshop in some form.

Are there any categories on the blog beyond the one? Might be a good idea to categorize the posts more to give a better flavor of what topics are covered in the SOULminars.

KristineS
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
My first impression is that it's kind of bland. I like the color choices, but nothing really jumps out at me. I also not sure what you were going for in terms of a feel for the site. The green feels kind of soothing, but the orange is more energizing, so I get kind of a half and half feel. When you cover subjects on the blog, you seem to cover destressing and decluttering and things that lead me to believe you're looking to present an attitude of calmness and lack of stress. I'm not sure the current design does that.

Another thing, is the "to live with purpose and passion" under the Supporting Women meant to be a slogan or something? Right now it doesn't really look connected to the "Supporting Women" line and it doesn't really stand out. Also I'm not really sure if the two lines are meant to connect. Is the whole slogan "Supporting Women to Live with purpose and passion"? If so, that doesn't really flow. If it is two separate things you might want to change the second line to "living with purpose and passion".

I like the content quite a lot. The blog is great and has some good tips. I think you just need to tweak the design a bit to reflect that attitudes that you talk about in the blog.

Jagella
03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi again guys. I've designed a new site of a biz I'm going to be a part of and would love some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Well, H, if you've done anything right, you have the navigation bar on the top! ;)

Overall, the design is fine. It's simple, but I tend to prefer simple web pages. After all, web pages are meant to inform, not to show off.

The graphic of the leaping woman is OK on one page, but it gets too repetitious and boring on each page. I'd recommend you use different images on each page.

On the About page, I think it would be cool to post a photo of you working with people. Maybe helping people exercise to lose weight?

Good luck with this site, H. It looks like you're off to a good start.

Jagella

Just H
03-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys! Great comments so far and already working on making some changes.

rezzy
03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
H, is green you favorite color? Just like blue is mine :) I noticed green dominates your designs. Try incorporating different colors into your designs. I have a problem with blue dominating mine.

I think the logo is to low also. Its not really the focus of the page, the green bamboo and the lady jumping catches my attention first. And what I imagine is the slogan. The quotes on the right.. if would be nice if there were a few more quotes there. The repetion of the same quote gets old after a few page changes.

Just H
03-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Ha ha Rezzy! I do love green! It's been my fav color since I was 5 and demanding the green Tupperware cup at the dinner table. I totally see what you mean about changing up colors but these latest 2 designs just happen to be biz's I'm involved in so will use the colors that move me on mine. Before that I did a couple sites that had gray bases, one with red and another w/ mostly blue. Those were before I signed on here so you guys haven't seen those.

Still working on making the site better so any other comments and suggestions are welcome!