PDA

View Full Version : If anybody wondered...

shrinkme
10-21-2014, 09:41 PM
The picture left is not me. It's my son Jeff Satterlee on Glee. He has been on:

* Grey's Anatomy
* Touch
* New Girl
* Up All Night
and Glee

And in the movies:

* Moneyball
* The Master
* Oz The Great and Powerful

He's not doing shows much anymore. He had to leave LA because he couldn't get a regular job. He was only barely able to pay the bills from his acting. Mostly background work.

This is interesting to me. Don't know if it's interesting to anybody else.

shrinkme
10-21-2014, 09:44 PM
My daughter Chelsey is a songwriter also... She has been accepted to play at a publishers workshop this month at the Bluebird. You can find her name on this page:

Barbara Cloyd | songwriter, Bluebird Cafe host, songwriting teacher (http://www.barbaracloyd.com)

Find her at the bottom in the middle. Ok, again interesting to me...

tallen
10-22-2014, 07:17 AM
He's not doing shows much anymore. He had to leave LA because he couldn't get a regular job. He was only barely able to pay the bills from his acting. Mostly background work.

I wonder, for every leading actor who is "successful," how many background/small-part actors are there who are struggling, like your son? Bet there are a lot.

Wozcreative
10-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Theres a lot of actors like that.. i know quite a few, especially ones that are aspiring models.. many will live on nothing for years and hope from town to town living with friends. That's really the life of anyone in a creative field.. theres only so many spots to fill.

David Hunter
10-22-2014, 09:17 PM
My cousin said in LA all the waiters and waitresses are aspiring actors/actresses.

shrinkme
10-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Thank you all for replying. Jeff did better than most. He lived with his girlfriend in a nice apartment and payed his bills. The casting director was always calling and he had a really good reputation but ultimately decided that he needed to get ahead a little. He found an agent out in Phoenix and has gotten some auditions there. Did a couple commercials. But he really likes his job as a restaurant manager in Scottsdale, so that's probably what he will keep on doing.

I think it's great that he pursued acting. And I think it's great that he has a little money in his pocket now. Either way it works.

manwayvan
11-23-2014, 04:30 PM
That's awesome! I always like hearing stories of ppl able to make it with their own intuition and acting as a career means that he can be successful at anything. You must be so proud.

JC
11-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Thank you all for replying. Jeff did better than most. He lived with his girlfriend in a nice apartment and payed his bills. The casting director was always calling and he had a really good reputation but ultimately decided that he needed to get ahead a little. He found an agent out in Phoenix and has gotten some auditions there. Did a couple commercials. But he really likes his job as a restaurant manager in Scottsdale, so that's probably what he will keep on doing.

I think it's great that he pursued acting. And I think it's great that he has a little money in his pocket now. Either way it works.

I think it's really cool that your kids are chasing their dreams but also know when to quit. I stayed with a friend who's an aspiring actor for a couple months in Burbank when I was much younger and we would sit in audiences for a couple extra bucks here and there, but rarely got any real work.