PDA

View Full Version : Business Location Ideas

STibb
10-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone,

I am starting a 100% online based business selling vinyl decals for a specific industry. I live in an apartment and the leasing company here will not sign off on allowing me to use this address as the business address on my license application but said they don't care if I do run it from here.

There will be no foot traffic, no truck pickups, no business mail, etc.

Do I have any other options? I have considered speaking with my parents and using their house but I don't want to "run it from their house" and I am not sure if that's legal or not.

Ideas are greatly appreciated...

Harold Mansfield
10-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone,

I am starting a 100% online based business selling vinyl decals for a specific industry. I live in an apartment and the leasing company here will not sign off on allowing me to use this address as the business address on my license application but said they don't care if I do run it from here.

There will be no foot traffic, no truck pickups, no business mail, etc.

Do I have any other options? I have considered speaking with my parents and using their house but I don't want to "run it from their house" and I am not sure if that's legal or not.

Ideas are greatly appreciated...

P.O. Box, or Mailbox Store.

STibb
10-19-2014, 10:54 AM
P.O. Box, or Mailbox Store.

You can't use a P.O. Box here for that, I did ask the county about using the UPS Store but she said it had to be the physical location of the business. I may call the city tomorrow and see what they say. I just don't see why it's a huge deal for something like this, I would assume it's just primarily for tax reasons and to know where to find me if they need me.

tallen
10-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Mailbox Store -- it's not a PO Box, think of it as renting office space with a shared lobby -- it's just that your office is only about 1 cubic foot in volume. Your address will (likely) be the street address of the store along with "Suite 123," so it doesn't come across as a PO Box and is acceptable as a physical address (at least in my experience).

STibb
10-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Mailbox Store -- it's not a PO Box, think of it as renting office space with a shared lobby -- it's just that your office is only about 1 cubic foot in volume. Your address will (likely) be the street address of the store along with "Suite 123," so it doesn't come across as a PO Box and is acceptable as a physical address (at least in my experience).

Awesome I will try that and see what happens.

Thanks for the help you all!