PDA

View Full Version : How much time have you wasted on Twitter ?

Harold Mansfield
03-28-2009, 07:09 PM
If you haven't seen it, Tweet Wasters (http://www.tweetwasters.com), calculates how much time you have been "wasting" on Twitter from the beginning of your account.

According to them:

124 Beats Per Minute has 262 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 7,860 Seconds or 131 Minutes or 2.18 Hours or 0.09 Days using Twitter!

Not bad, 2.8 hours total ! Feels like more, I should probably spend a little more time on it.

What about the rest of you ?

rezzy
03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
9,270 Seconds or 155 Minutes or 2.58 Hours or 0.11 Days using Twitter!

Close to you... although I spend alot of time looking at other peoples profiles.

Patrysha
03-28-2009, 08:21 PM
ooh mine was scary...

has 2,723 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 81,690 Seconds or 1,362 Minutes or 22.69 Hours or 0.95 Days using Twitter!

orion_joel
03-29-2009, 04:31 AM
I think the biggest problem from calculating it like this is that it does not take into account the time that you have spent in connecting with followers, eg following people and checking who followed you, plus direct messages.

Which is probably why it seems longer eborg. I know that mine will probably be around 3 times yours, but i have probably spent well over a day or two collectively on it, probably a lot more.

Harold Mansfield
03-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I think the biggest problem from calculating it like this is that it does not take into account the time that you have spent in connecting with followers, eg following people and checking who followed you, plus direct messages.

Which is probably why it seems longer eborg. I know that mine will probably be around 3 times yours, but i have probably spent well over a day or two collectively on it, probably a lot more.

Yeah really...Some days I leave tweetdeck running anyway, so that probably counts for a lot more time, working and listening to the update beeps in the background.

rezzy
03-30-2009, 04:57 PM
So those of you who have wasted the most time, have you seen any changes in business? Site hits? Etc? Or has this just been a time waster?

Patrysha
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
It's led to networking with new people that eventually did lead to new business, it's led to publicity opps that I may not have heard of elsewhere and plus it's how I keep up with a mastermind group that I'm a member of.

Oh and I got a free coffee mug too :-)

jem
04-01-2009, 09:48 AM
So those of you who have wasted the most time, have you seen any changes in business? Site hits? Etc? Or has this just been a time waster?

Completely agree - how much money have you made? That's the measure when combined with time that gives you a feel for the value.

I suspect with SERPS etc this is difficult to calculate accurately but hopefully folks should have a feel

Simon

janicejan
04-06-2009, 04:28 AM
only 10 minutes everyday.. I'm not a twitter addict, I just post random things I found interesting on the net..

bizcard
05-04-2009, 08:06 AM
It only calculates your updates with an average user posting them. It does not calculate the following:

1. Adding twitter users
2. Searching for users
3. Removing non-following friends
4. Replying to tweets