PDA

View Full Version : Are there any fans of rock music here? Say Hello! :-)

Kamil Fotyniuk
10-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi guys!
Do we have here any fans of rock music? Say hello and give us your favorite band! :-)

Kamil

Fulcrum
10-13-2014, 06:58 PM
AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, Skynyrd are played quite often in my shop.

shrinkme
10-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Well, ya. I like many bands such as Boston, AC/DC, REO, Stix, Guns and Roses, etc. Just saying

Blessed
10-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Not me! I'm more of a Jazz, Swing & Big Band fan... Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Fats Waller, Benny Goodman... my Dad says I was born in the wrong decade :D

Brian Altenhofel
10-14-2014, 04:37 PM
What kind of rock? Classic? Ska? Punk? Rockabilly? Alternative? Soft? Hard? Metal? Heavy Metal? Death Metal? Melodic Metal? Hardcore? Emo? Emocore? Rapcore? Southern?

And out of that non-exhaustive list... which decade?

billbenson
10-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Not me! I'm more of a Jazz, Swing & Big Band fan... Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Fats Waller, Benny Goodman... my Dad says I was born in the wrong decade :D

Not so much of a big band fan, but I love Louis Armstrong. I like a lot of the older rock, usually the melodic stuff. Every once in a while AC/DC though.

Blessed
10-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Not so much of a big band fan, but I love Louis Armstrong. I like a lot of the older rock, usually the melodic stuff. Every once in a while AC/DC though.

I was greatly influenced in my musical tastes as a child by my Grandfather who LOVED music and loved to play it loud - he was into jazz, big band and orchestral music along with Opera (he actually sang semi-professionally and did quite a bit of community theatre acting too, including some paid work and worked as a DJ at a radio station doing the running commentary on Opera and Orchestral pieces) My dad liked country & southern gospel and we all enjoyed musicals. I sang in the community choir when I was in High School and now sing southern gospel and black gospel styles in church. My cousin, Sam, started the band Le Percolateur (lePercolateur {le Percolateur} Chicago's gypsy jazz, alt-folk, gipsy swing (http://www.chicagogypsyjazz.com/)) I come from a pretty musical family, all of us cousins play at least one instrument and few of us sing too. I remember being woke up on Saturday mornings at my grandparents house with the Opera being played at full-blast, then we'd transition into whatever Grandfather felt like listening to that day. My dad would do the same thing most Saturday mornings too. As a family, we've got most of the genre's of music covered in some form or fashion - except for head-banger rock, which I never understood although I did listen to some soft rock in high school and college. This is why I like Pandora - I can listen to all sorts of different types of music instead of having to pick just one kind!

billbenson
10-15-2014, 12:53 AM
I was greatly influenced in my musical tastes as a child by my Grandfather who LOVED music and loved to play it loud - he was into jazz, big band and orchestral music along with Opera (he actually sang semi-professionally and did quite a bit of community theatre acting too, including some paid work and worked as a DJ at a radio station doing the running commentary on Opera and Orchestral pieces) My dad liked country & southern gospel and we all enjoyed musicals. I sang in the community choir when I was in High School and now sing southern gospel and black gospel styles in church. My cousin, Sam, started the band Le Percolateur (lePercolateur {le Percolateur} Chicago's gypsy jazz, alt-folk, gipsy swing (http://www.chicagogypsyjazz.com/)) I come from a pretty musical family, all of us cousins play at least one instrument and few of us sing too. I remember being woke up on Saturday mornings at my grandparents house with the Opera being played at full-blast, then we'd transition into whatever Grandfather felt like listening to that day. My dad would do the same thing most Saturday mornings too. As a family, we've got most of the genre's of music covered in some form or fashion - except for head-banger rock, which I never understood although I did listen to some soft rock in high school and college. This is why I like Pandora - I can listen to all sorts of different types of music instead of having to pick just one kind!

Interesting. My sister has a masters degree in opera. Classical music was the only accepted music in our house growing up. I was in college in the late 70's and my friends and I loved certain types of jazz. Some lesser knows such as Randy Crawford. Here is a really nice song of hers performed recently: Almaz - Randy Crawford & Joe Sample - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJgKA9rCeSU).

I also like a lot of rock. But mostly the older stuff or artists. Someone I really like and respect is Bruce Springsteen. He at an old age still works so hard and puts so much heart into his work. Here's a song probably nobody here has seen where he is promoting Darlene Love, who was mostly a background singer through her career: Bruce Springsteen w. Darlene Love - A Fine Fine Boy - Madison Square Garden, NYC - 2009/10/29&30 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhAWJUwepA)

JC
11-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Van Halen!!! :cool:
Big Beatles fan too!

I want to marry Alison Krauss though! (sorry, assumed there wouldn't be a bluegrass thread anytime soon) :D