PDA

View Full Version : Please review my website - koolst.com

koolst.com
10-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Hope everything is going well in your side. I have a website (like most of you), and I feel like it is time to get some feedback on it, so I would like you to have a quick look and tell me what do you think about it.

The website is: koolst.com (Kool St, we took this name cos it sounds like Wall St and it's cool).

About our business:
Me and 3 my friends are creating business plans. We know we are not stars in financial industry, but do we know what we are doing and we are developing our experience a day by day, and do not charge excessively.

So what would you say?

will.i.earn
10-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Hey there,

All is well here, I hope you are too.

Congratulations - you guys have built a professional-looking website!

But instantly one could tell where it needs improvement."Business Plans Enlivening Ideas." "We Create Greatest Business Plans for Your Success." I closed the tab immediately after those two.

You have to find someone who can help you with grammar; with the overall website content (bluntly speaking).

Paul
10-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Not quite sure who you are targeting here. Most business plans are for start ups and aren’t so much an analysis of immediate financial info as it is for analysis of markets and potential etc.

Your explanation of various analysis methods and ratios etc is going to be lost on the typical reader. It’s very tedious reading and not likely what they are looking for. That’s more for accountants and auditors to deal with for established businesses. Established businesses usually have their analysis of financial statements already in place.

I agree with Will, grammar and spelling and format has to be impeccable if you are selling “business plans”. You may want to post a sample plan for readers to view.

Be a little careful about statements regarding the S.E.C. They don’t actually “review” analysis. In fact they don’t review regular business plans at all, it’s a completely different disclosure document.

You may want to focus more on writing compelling and convincing “start up” plans and comprehensive marketing plans rather than financial analysis.

shrinkme
10-14-2014, 09:08 PM
I think you lost me at "We Create Greatest Business Plans for Your Success." Good, nearly perfect, copy is essential especially when you are going to be writing business plans. "We create the greatest..." would be better. "...for your success" is weak. I would look to solve a problem. "We create business plans proven to get business funding" or something similar. Pour over each word, it is very important. Proof your website with somebody who has English as a first language.

Awesome design though.

DeniseTaylor
10-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Paul's feedback is excellent! I don't have much to add to that except I felt the header image is too large. That might be subjective, but it felt as though something was wrong with the site because I had to scroll down to far to get to the copy. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

bjay99
10-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Good looking site. Aside from the typos, the supporting pages has a lot of text.. could be too boring, and no one will read it IMO. Good Luck :-)

Harold Mansfield
10-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Just the few things that jumped out at me where yes, grammar, and at first it seemed like an odd combination of business plans and financial analysis. But then when reading it seems that you do something a little more detailed than what most people think of as a business plan. I would think that you would want to use a different title for that service. Not sure what it is, but I'm sure there's a better way to target people looking for that detailed of a service.

I also notice your staff titles and credentials. "Masters of Law", and "Master of Economics" is not how Americans are used to hearing that. If you mean Masters Degree in Economics, then I think you should use MA, MBA, MS or whatever the specifics are of the degree. If you aren't targeting Americans and that's how it's refereed to with whatever audience you're targeting, then leave it. But I'm pretty sure it's universal.

Other than that, your design is OK. Not spectacular. In some areas the site looks like a financial services company and on others it looks like you're selling an app. The combination brings down the professionalism of the site IMO.

It's a good start, but could use some fine tuning.