PDA

View Full Version : Bankruptcy Auction Question

the goat
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I am starting a brick and mortar business and there is a similar place near me that has gone out of business and declared bankruptcy.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a resource where I can find out the date of the bankruptcy auction so I can buy the equipment?

Patrysha
03-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Do you know who their bankruptcy trustee is? That would be your best source of information for finding out the sales dates if they're going to liquidate through auction and when.

bwat05
03-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Its probably not the best place to look, but I see these type of auctions listed in the local newspaper sometimes.
It is unfortunate for the businesses and the employees who lost their jobs, but the amount of equipment that is available is amazing. I hope you can get a good deal on whatever you are looking for.

SteveC
03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Speak with the landlord of the property, they are most likely listed as creditors and as such will know how to contact the bankruptcy trustee... these are the people you should speak with and if you are smart you can purchase all of the items prior to auction... as this will save the auction commissions...

the goat
03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you all for the responses, I will look into finding the trustee. I will let you know how it goes.