PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Unique Selling Proposition?

vangogh
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Interesting post on CopyBlogger about finding your USP. The post, 15 minutes to find your winning difference (http://www.copyblogger.com/usp/) looks at three ways you can differentiate your business from the competition.

1. The Crossraods USP
2. The Metaphor USP
3. The Persona-Driven USP

I think my own USP falls under #1 at the crossroads between web design and seo, though I know there's a lot of me in my business so perhaps #3 is more appropriate.

Do you have a unique selling proposition? Does it fit into one of the above categories?

Patrysha
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Primarily Persona Driven here...but based on many "crossroad" USP's...

Every business I've had has been primarily persona driven...I think that's why I've never done well with direct sales/mlm type stuff...

vangogh
03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought it interesting how the article mentions that persona driven UPS can only scale so far. Makes sense when you're the selling proposition. If your clients are specifically hiring you then it's harder to get them to buy into you hiring someone else to do the work.

Patrysha
03-24-2009, 11:31 PM
As they point out...there are ways to overcome that (like Martha Stewart). The way I figure it, as long as I'm the one generating the ideas and overseeing the work...it's still personal.

vangogh
03-25-2009, 12:50 AM
True. Matha's done pretty well being her own brand. The concept makes sense if it's all about you then scaling becomes more difficult, but you're right about there being ways around it. And it's not as though most of us have need to be as big as Martha Stewart.