PDA

View Full Version : The new guy looking to learn.

Ted Perrotti
09-19-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm a freelance copywriter who has had some clients but who is looking to really kickstart my business into a steady, successful enterprise. I've been looking for a good place to start networking with fellow copywriters and maybe even find a successful one to mentor me.

And so I found this group. The conversions sound like something I could learn from. I look forward to talking with you all.

<please set up a signature through Settings>

vangogh
09-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Ted. You say you had clients as in the past. What have you done to keep them as clients in the present? If you get your clients coming back and spreading the word, it's a good way to grow a freelance business.

Looking forward to to the copywriting conversations. Thanks for joining the community.

David Hunter
09-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Welcome, Ted!

Have you checked out American Writers & Artists? American Writers & Artists Inc. | Make Money Writing | Copywriting Courses | Get Paid To Write | Copywriting Careers (http://www.awaionline.com/)

will.i.earn
09-23-2014, 02:41 AM
A huge welcome to you Ted! What business are you exactly thinking about? Have you worked out any business plan?

Ted Perrotti
09-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Welcome, Ted!

Have you checked out American Writers & Artists? American Writers & Artists Inc. | Make Money Writing | Copywriting Courses | Get Paid To Write | Copywriting Careers (http://www.awaionline.com/)

Hmm. I'll consider it. Have you tried it? Or do you know anyone who has?

Thanks!

Ted Perrotti
09-24-2014, 11:24 PM
A huge welcome to you Ted! What business are you exactly thinking about? Have you worked out any business plan?

If you mean what fields I serve clients in, I haven't narrowed that down yet. My research skills allow me to write in a number of fields, from small-to-mid sized businesses with company web sites and blogs to job seekers needing help on their cover letter and resume. Determining what fields I most like writing for, that list I'm developing over time?

I'm actually working out a content marketing plan now, and will be revising the content on my web site, Ted Perrotti, Copywriter | Stories That Sell (http://www.TedStoriesThatSell.com), as I develop it.

Ted Perrotti
09-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Ted. You say you had clients as in the past. What have you done to keep them as clients in the present? If you get your clients coming back and spreading the word, it's a good way to grow a freelance business.

Looking forward to to the copywriting conversations. Thanks for joining the community.

Much of my work I have gotten through venues such as oDesk and elance, but I want to grow beyond that. I have a repeat client who I first helped get into Harvard by working on his entrance essay. Now, I am helping him by writing sales materials for a retail-related service for which he is the founder/entrepreneur.

As for "getting my clients coming back," I do have a blog on my site, Ted Perrotti, Copywriter | Stories That Sell (http://www.tedstoriesthatsell.com), that I update with useful articles for my clients (both original and linked from other places) as often as possible. Other than that, I'm not quite sure how to keep the clients coming back. Any suggestions on (inexpensive) approaches I can try?

Thanks!

Ted Perrotti
10-02-2014, 03:55 PM

I'm targeting small and mid-size businesses in many fields-particularly those who are trying to promote themselves online through web pages and blogs. I write the content (the text) that brings the main strengths of the business to life. I haven't chosen a specific niche when it comes to what fields I will target clientele in-I'm keeping that broad for now.

I also write cover letters and resumes for job seekers.

What I do, really, is go over a person or company's background and find in it the fascinating stories that speak to their potential customers. Then, I craft those stories into attractive content.

As for a business plan, I'm working on one now.