PDA

View Full Version : Blog Topics

Unique Designz
09-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I am looking for some help on some Blog Topics. To all small business owners out there, what are some topics you would be interested in reading about in regards to graphic design and how it can benefit your business?

Harold Mansfield
09-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Small Business Owners is a million categories and industries. Who specifically do you want to target? What kind of business owner? A hands on owner who runs their own website? Owners searching for ideas? Start up graphic designers? People looking for marketing help?

Figure out exactly who you want to target first, what you want to communicate to them and for what reason, and then what to write will follow.

Unique Designz
09-18-2014, 10:16 PM
I specifically want to target franchises actually. I have 2 niches: Designing for the restaurant industry and the other would be designing for the Fashion and Beauty Industry (upscale salon and spa's)

Small Business Owners is a million categories and industries. Who specifically do you want to target? What kind of business owner? A hands on owner who runs their own website? Owners searching for ideas? Start up graphic designers? People looking for marketing help?

Figure out exactly who you want to target first, what you want to communicate to them and for what reason, and then what to write will follow.

Unique Designz
09-18-2014, 10:20 PM
I guess my question is how would I go about cracking that can of worms open? I work with a small local franchise now (6 locations) and it's a great account. Now only if I could get more of these type of accounts... lol

Harold Mansfield
09-18-2014, 11:08 PM
You can start by doing blog posts of your work presented like case studies, and include examples of the work you've done for those types of businesses, and be sure to include a little information about the business so that you look like you're promoting them, while marketing yourself. Do things that let people imagine them as the client getting your services and benefiting from the work that you do like these other people are.

Many graphic design and marketing companies use their blog to show off their latest projects and clients.

SamWP
11-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Harold has mentioned some good points here! I just would like to add a few things. It would probably be a good idea to visit the social media sites where this industry hangs out. I would look into Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ groups and ask those who you want to reach questions about topics relating to graphic design. Then you can create your blog post content around a response. Also reaching out to individuals in the industry on Twitter and asking them directly on there can help you come up with some blog post ideas. When you approach them you want to make it about them not you. Then create your post in a way that helps solve a problem or helps them to visualize ideas that can help them in their business.

Adel Landman Steyn
01-27-2015, 03:04 AM
My personal recommendation would be to have a regular feature, once a week, maybe even once a month.
Many small business owners (that are not franchised but which may still fall into your target market of upscale salons, etc.) are looking for logos and various graphic design elements.
As your regular feature, you could post one creative commons, commercial use allowed image as an example of your work.

Good luck!

99social
10-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Social media could be a great tool for you to get in touch with more clients/accounts and see what the demand for the type of content need is. This also provides you a space to promote your blog posts and create an atmosphere that is more interactive.

Ola Rybacka
12-29-2015, 08:00 AM
If you're leading a business you don't have to post only about your product - try to find some niches to write about and become an expert in your area.

HSteele
01-21-2016, 09:10 AM
One of the greatest and worth-writing topics today is Internet-Marketing Instruments and their perfect usage. Many beginners in business are looking for such online marketing tools that hepl to grow business quickly and with minimum investments.