PDA

View Full Version : hi folks

mvd
08-11-2008, 06:32 AM
hi folks,
I used to be around SBF, but havent posted for quite a while, so thought i would check out the new small business forum and its looking pretty good so far.

hopefully i can add to something useful to some of the discussion around here.

KristineS
08-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi, MVD, welcome to the forum.

We're always glad to see new faces.

Steve B
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Was MVD your name on the old forum?

cbscreative
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I remember the user name, but it's been quite a while like you said. Thanks for the compliment, and welcome to our new hangout.

vangogh
08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt. For those who don't know Matt used to be the owner of the old forum for a time.

Thanks for joining and hope you enjoy your stay.

cbscreative
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Matt, since you were at one time the owner of the SBF, let me compliment you on a great forum. I was a member for over 3 years and enjoyed it a lot. Like the others here, I was very displeased with how the new owner took a great forum and neglected to keep it up properly (told us through his actions that we weren't that important), which is why we are here. But until that point, the SBF was the best forum for small business. It was well run and I was glad to be a part of it. We all regret what it became over the past few months, and moved here to continue what was lost, but I know from my experience there that we all appreciated the forum. It attracted some very good people.

This new forum is starting out well to duplicate that success, but only because the SBF at one time had the "magic" needed to do that in the first place. To have a previous SBF owner here with us is encouraging. I don't know why you stepped down, but we all owe you thanks for being part of it before it became mismanaged to the point where we felt the need to make this move.

I remember your user name, but I did not know you were the owner or I would have thanked you long ago. I do know there were several discussions on the old SBF about how great the forum was, so I hope you were able to see some of thse discussions.

mvd
08-12-2008, 02:41 AM
thanks Steve. I poured alot of time and effort into the old SBF back in the day and it did grow into a great forum, but the help of people like Corey, Joel, Philip, Vangogh and yourself (and many others) was what really made it a great place to be.

Good to see most of the crew are around here. Where is Corey?

vangogh
08-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Matt I've been a little worried about Corey. He stopped posting on the forum sometime in March. I've done some searching for him and visited a lot of places where I've seen him post and everywhere the posting stops in mid March.

He would disappear from time to time for a few weeks, but never for this long.

Coach Morse
08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi Matt,
Thanks for starting the old one and welcome to the new! :)

Blessed
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi! Glad to have you!

Paul Elliott
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Great to know you, Matt, and to enjoy your legacy! I hope we can be worthy of it.

Paul