PDA

View Full Version : Mega Kegger

Benjamin Ertl
08-20-2014, 03:51 PM
So, you have a giant milk truck tanker, decorate it, paint it with the words "Mega Kegger" have speakers on top with lights and music. You have 4 taps on each side of the tank where people can fill their cups with whatever beverage (beer).

Instead of filling the whole tanker up with beer you just insert kegs inside for each tap. You would hype up the "Mega Kegger" as kind of like the Wiener Mobile of beer. You hire a driver, some security, figure out the legality and licensing for selling beer. Communicate with event managers (fairs, concerts, festivals, etc) and pay for a spot.

Charge a certain amount per cup and you can drink as much as you want.

....thoughts? :D

Wozcreative
08-20-2014, 04:05 PM
It could work, essentially its just a beer stand with a twist. Instead of brining cases of beer, you'd be pouring beer directly from a tap. I am not sure about the speakers/lights and music though. Usually festivals don't want food stands to interfere too much with whats really going on.

Being a festival though, I don't think I would use a tap that random people have touched and poured from. I'd rather have the seller do it. Slightly contaminated beer can give people major stomach aches. Can you imagine all the foam spilling around everywhere? You'd have to develop non-foaming taps maybe.

Then again it works fine with coke machines?

Harold Mansfield
08-20-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty on board with anything beer.

But here's the real issue with that plan. Beer and Liquor contracts for festivals, sporting events, concerts and so on are usually locked down months to years in advance and many times are based on the venue. eg: Budweiser has the contract to sell beer at every event in certain stadiums and fairgrounds.

I've worked in Hospitality for years at Raves, NASCAR races, Concerts, Festivals, and so on and I've never seen an independent, little guy get the contract unless it's some kind of food or beer festival and there are multiple purveyors because variety is the goal.

Contracts for large events are usually for supplying all of the grounds. They may hire one caterer that sub contracts with different beer and liquor distributors ( or outright purchases all of the booze and runs all of the stands) to cover all bases, so you could feasibly get in on those.

The ticket may be, if you are going to invest in this equipment, to rent it out to different companies for certain events. One month the truck has Bud in it for one event and the next it has Killians for another. The only problem with that is almost every beer company has the money to do it themselves, and you are almost assuredly limited to summer, outdoor events unless you bring it South West.

Could it work? Who knows. Would I try it? Depends on how much it costs to build and maintain.