PDA

View Full Version : Name for a new company

raco13
08-12-2014, 03:46 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm going to set up a new IT company and I am trying to find a right name for it.
May I ask you for opinion? What do you think of " Newlineon "? how does it sound?

Harold Mansfield
08-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm going to set up a new IT company and I am trying to find a right name for it.
May I ask you for opinion? What do you think of " Newlineon "? how does it sound?

Don't just think up names at random. Look to see what is available to be registered as a URL, and isn't trademarked. Run all of your suggestions through a domain registrars domain search. If it's available as a .com (or whatever extension you're comfortable with), put it on your list of possibilities. Otherwise you're just wasting time contemplating names that you can't even use.

goodns13
08-13-2014, 09:23 PM
raco13,

Please do not mistake me. It is a bit confusing to say it.

Good luck.

David Hunter
08-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Hmmm... what other names have you come up with?

paul woodall
08-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Hello Raco13,

I'm not sure who your "customers" are but you really should try and focus on who they are and what services you are offering.

In my opinion, most people over think their business name. It should be simple. Easy to read and pronounce. Available to register. Ideally something catchy, but if your name is "Raco" it could be "Raco's IT services" and most people would not care.

I personally don't get "newlineon" as to how it relates to IT nor is it pronounced new-line-on or new-lineeon. Be careful as to how you want it pronounced when writing.
The name NIKE means nothing to most people but their "Marketing" efforts behind it made it what it is. Same goes for Coke, Adidas, UPS. They're catchy and simple and their "Marketing" bring it to life.

Hope that helps.