PDA

View Full Version : New Business Name -Looking for some opinions!

bgosselin3
07-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Hello All! I'm currently in the process of starting up a business, I've been stuck on finding the perfect name for my company. I'm starting up a photo booth and photo novelty business in my area and with so many photo booths out there it's hard to find a unique name and open domain. So... here's the top ideas thus far:

Starlight Snapshots
Country Lane Photo Booths
Mountain View Photo Booths
Star View Photo Booths

I'm from a small town out in the country, but close to small cities -It's a part-time business, no office location (so a street name is out). I'm looking for opinions on the top 4 I have, as well as, anything creative to capture the appeal of brides & those planning large events.

After you dance on the name game without success for a few days, it become hard to tell what's good anymore and what's not! THANKS!

vangogh
07-31-2014, 02:44 PM
The only name I don't care for is Starlight Snapshots. I don't think it communicates as well what the business is (assuming I understand the business). I like having Photo Booths in there. I'm not sure any of the 3 names with it stands out best to me.

You mentioned brides. Is this specifically wedding photography? If so I might work that into the name instead of photo booths. Maybe it's me, but when I hear photo booth, I think of the machines where you toss in some money and have goofy pictures of you and friends taken. Not exactly the impression you're probably looking for if this is about weddings.

Do you mind offering a few more details about the business? It might help us decide which name might work best.

David Hunter
07-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Ha! I actually liked Starlight Snapshots the best! :-P But, if this is a photo booth then I do like having "photo booth" in the name so people know exactly what it is.

Also, I think he's talking about the photo booths you see at weddings where you take the goofy pictures, not doing the wedding photography. Correct??

bgosselin3
07-31-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm starting up as a photo booth business -yes similar to what you'd find in the mall but with a "wedding/event" feel to it. It's essentially a classier version of a photo booth -to include props for guests to make funny faces that will then be saved for the bride, or birthday girl, whom ever to have at the end of the night.
It's essentially providing a memory for the guests to take home from the event, as well as, adding fun into your event.

But, here's the dilemma! Though I'm starting with photo booths, I am considering in the future opening up to more "photo novelty" type items similar to the photo booth. AND I am considering other entertainment pieces and options related to weddings & events.... SO... the more I think about it the more I want to avoid "photo booths" ... but.... I'm also stuck because using event or entertainment is 1. very common and generic and 2. any idea i come up with is already held.

So, i'm really not bent on those 4 options... as the day has gone on I've become less fond of them... So all ideas are really up on the table at this point.

bgosselin3
07-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Yes, it is the goofy photos at events - not professional photography.

Paul
07-31-2014, 11:59 PM
If it is meant to be goofy why not say it? Silly Shots or Mug a Pug , Foto Krazies or if more wedding maybe wedding krashers Foto ...Well thats afew of my goofy thoughts.

bgosselin3
08-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Newest thought.... Teacup Events - one of a kind services for your one of a kind event... Something along the lines of that! I want to stray away from specifically pictures/photo booths/ but... I don't want to be the 7th "Timeless Memories Blah Blah Blah"

cdweaver333
08-08-2014, 01:54 PM
you could test via adwords. whatever name gets more clicks is the winner. tim ferriss did that for four hour work week (he actually wanted to name it something else)

goodns13
08-13-2014, 09:38 PM
bgosselin3,

You want your customers to feel your place as very special (especially younger crowd).

How about,

- Forever Photo Land
- Happy Forever Photos
- Dreamland Photos

Basically, when a couple see your photo booth, they should think twice about missing it. Do not offer them just photos, offer them an opportunity to take a snapshot of a eternal happy life.

Good luck.