PDA

View Full Version : Website Review- Looking for Help/Feedback

ecomodics
07-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi All

I need your help to review my website and offer suggestions/feedback.
The site has been online for almost a year but has had no conversion yet. All of my sales have been outside of the site, at this point the website is more of a liability than an asset.
is there anything I can do? I cant change the layout because the company that setup it up wants to charge a arm and a leg so I am only looking for small cosmetic changes.

I really appreciate any feedback.

<please set up a signature through Settings>

Fulcrum
07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
As a non-IT, non-internet guy who's always willing to try a new vendor, from browsing a fair bit of your site, I wouldn't even bother to contact you to enquire about items listed on the site. How, exactly, do you import custom built wardrobes? Custom gates/fencing? Stairs and rails? All 3 of these items are better off designed and built by a local professional. When I see these three items offered for sale from an importer (usually sourced in China), the only price I'm willing to pay is half the scrap value as they will not hold up long term.

As for the rest:

You have no pricing.
No description of the products.
FAQ link is dead.
Based upon what you have told us, you also have a false testimonial on the website.
You are trying to reach into too many markets at the same time, jack of all trades - master of none.
You're a wholesaler with no physical warehouse?

I'll let the web builders and marketers take care of the rest.

Brian Altenhofel
07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
How are you getting people to your site? You have a grand total of four external links to your site, three of which are from sites with lower authority ratings, with two of those being comment spam.

To add to Fulcrum's points:

The first part of the title for your homepage is an immediate turn off for me. When I see a call to action in the title in the SERPs, I run. It also makes for a poor user experience because you can't tell what site is open or the topic of the page on that browser tab.

What's the point of a shopping cart if you can't order anything? The typical person (even in B2B) browsing an online catalog doesn't want to pick up the phone and call, they want to add to cart and checkout. There's no point in having a shopping cart displayed to a user if you're not going to let them order anything.

Your search requires exact terms. It doesn't account for misspellings, and it doesn't suggest other products.

Paul
07-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Fulcrum and Brian pretty much covered it all. My biggest issue is PRICES, where are they. There is NO WAY I would go any further if I didn't see the prices front and center. Having to hit the "enquire" button to try to get a price is 1) too much work 2) a red flag that your prices are not fixed, making one think you will "get whatever you can". Shoppers in general, and business people specifically want to get to the point, they will quickly move on to the next of the 1000 web sites that show up in a search.

It is fairly obvious you take the orders and then you order from china for delivery. I can order those kinds of items directly from China so what is the advantage.

If you want to continue I would focus on one category with a huge selection,all leather furniture, all restaurant equipment or all something. At least you would have that as a hook. I also wouldn't talk about how you "want" to become a big wholesaler in your "about us" area. You have to sound like you already are a big deal.

I don't know about Australia, but in the US the China resellers are a dime a dozen. You have to look different then the rest.