PDA

View Full Version : starting an online business

MaryRon
07-24-2014, 12:01 AM
In this day more and more people choose to open an online shop(ebay or Amazon). But to new sellers, what should they do if they want gain competitiveness among business.Because there are all king of power seller on online business. To me, I think the supply of goods is important. Besides marketing strategy also. Is there anyone who can give some suggestion? THX.

bjay99
07-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Carve out a niche in the product/service that you are looking to sell.

vangogh
07-31-2014, 03:04 PM
I'd agree with carving out a niche. You're not going to be able to compete with the power users when you first open a store. Start with a smaller niche where you can compete and grow from there. Keep learning all the things the power users have learned and use what you learn to keep growing and become a power user yourself.

user2837
08-30-2014, 12:42 AM
When choosing your niche, make sure it is actually a niche by doing proper market research. You might find out that many other people have thought of the same "niche" as you which would then adds to your competition.

phanio
08-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Going after a niche is fine. But, it is more broad than that. A niche is only created when a need is not being met or when a need is being undeserved. And, if a big market (not a just a small piece of it) is being undeserved by the large players - then there is room for a new business to come in and dominate. I suggest a book called The Innovator's Dilemma to demonstrate how new, small players can take markets over.

DeniseTaylor
09-01-2014, 11:40 AM
When choosing your niche, make sure it is actually a niche by doing proper market research. You might find out that many other people have thought of the same "niche" as you which would then adds to your competition.

This is very true. It's very easy to assume demand is there, but not realize it's being filled. One way to get around this is to put a unique spin on an idea that others haven't done. Also, testing is invaluable, if it's possible.

Kyle Johnston
03-19-2015, 10:34 AM
On top of finding a niche, Either hire a good copywriter (someone who can write content, marketing, sales, and many other things in a compelling way that creates sales) or become one yourself. If you are selling the same item as someone else but can present it in a better way to the potential customer, you will get the sale. I hope this helps!

Wozcreative
03-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Strong branding experience. You want to appeal to your audience with a strong image and I don't mean just a logo.

david15beck
05-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Yeah supply of goods is important and also supply of goods on given time is also important. another thing is brand promotion of your website or product is a important .