PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Cell Phone Recommendation

billbenson
07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
A friend who doesn't make much money needs a new cell phone. GPS, text, Androide. decent reception,not much more. Does anyone have any recommendations? Used would even be ok, but I'm skeptical of rebuilt stuff.

Freelancier
07-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Check Wal-Mart. The cell phone isn't the expensive part anyway....

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2014, 06:13 PM
I say Walmart too. Who is his service provider? I'm sure they have phones for sale.
You can get a phone running an older version of Android that does the basics for under $100 from pretty much anyone.

Nothing wrong with refurbished if you're on a budget.

billbenson
07-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Wallmart it is.

Thanks guys

David Hunter
07-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi Bill,

Check out this post about Republic Wireless: How I’m Saving $100/mo on Our Cell Bill w/ Republic Wireless | Budgets Are Sexy (http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/2014/07/republic-wireless-review-cell-phone-savings/)

I've never tried them, but I've been reading J. Money's blog for years and he's legit. This maybe a good option for your friend.

billbenson
07-21-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi Bill,

Check out this post about Republic Wireless: How I’m Saving $100/mo on Our Cell Bill w/ Republic Wireless | Budgets Are Sexy (http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/2014/07/republic-wireless-review-cell-phone-savings/)

I've never tried them, but I've been reading J. Money's blog for years and he's legit. This maybe a good option for your friend.

Thanks, I think she has her heart set on a more expensive phone. Here I go again, helping out friends that don't have money.

David Hunter
07-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks, I think she has her heart set on a more expensive phone. Here I go again, helping out friends that don't have money.

That always seems to be the story... haha!

Wozcreative
07-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Just a thought, if she is a long-time customer of a company, she can try to negotiate a price.

I told my internet provider that I wanted to spend $45 on my internet and needed 300gigs (they were charging me $125/m), they refused, but when I wanted to switch providers they said "oh, we have a new plan for you that just came out"... hahaha... I got exactly what I wanted ;)