PDA

View Full Version : The harsh truth about life as a designer

vangogh
03-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Seriously, start your day watching some of these videos about The harsh truth about life as a designer (http://line25.com/articles/the-harsh-truth-about-life-as-a-designer).

If you're a designer you'll empathize. Designer or not you should get a laugh out of them. They're pretty funny in a funny because they're true sort of way.

Something tells me many of us can share stories that will match what's going on in the videos. Feel free to share your stories if you have them.

Dan Furman
03-11-2009, 11:43 AM
OMG are these funny. I'll have more to add later, but I want to watch more :)

vangogh
03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Aren't they? I watched the first one and immediately posted here. Then I watched all the shorter ones after. I have two of the longer ones left to go. I had a feeling watching them you'd appreciate them. Even though it specifically says design, I think anyone who deals with clients, especially where marketing is concerned, will be able to identify.

Blessed
03-12-2009, 12:28 AM
OK, Hubby is sleeping on the couch so I guess I'll watch these in the morning... now I'm curious!

vangogh
03-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Jenn I know you'll appreciate them. Picture the worst client you've ever had and then imagine some funny videos based around that idea.

Blessed
03-12-2009, 08:20 AM
OK, those are great! I've got two more to watch and a friend or two to pass the link on to :) Thanks for sharing these Steve!

vangogh
03-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Glad to. As soon as I watched the first one I knew they needed to be shared.

KristineS
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Those are great. I'm having flashbacks to some discussions I've had over the years. The bit about white space eliminator had me rolling. I've fought that battle so many times!

cbscreative
03-12-2009, 01:59 PM
So far, the first one is my favorite....sooo funny!

rezzy
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I saw the first one and knew those vids were awesome.

Who needs whitespace?

Jagella
03-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Something tells me many of us can share stories that will match what's going on in the videos. Feel free to share your stories if you have them.

I must be coming of age, Steve. These issues are looking familiar.

My wacky client story-->She asked me to do something that ended up looking like crap. Who got the blame for the crap? You have one guess.

Jagella

vangogh
03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Sounds familiar Joe. When I get into a situation where the client is recommending something I think will look really bad I let them know what I think and make sure they understand that if they want to change things later it's going to cost them additional money.

Jagella
03-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Sounds familiar Joe. When I get into a situation where the client is recommending something I think will look really bad I let them know what I think and make sure they understand that if they want to change things later it's going to cost them additional money.

That sounds like a good idea, Steve. The customer isn't always right—we are though! :D

Jagella

vangogh
03-16-2009, 12:51 AM
The customer isn't always right—we are though!

Funny. Designers rule the world :)