PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

Patrysha
07-05-2014, 11:52 AM
I think the last time I was here, I was just starting work at the daycare down the street. Yesterday was my last day there as I start my new job with Community Futures www.roadahead.biz (http://roadahead.biz) on Monday. I'll be helping small business start-ups in the area with business planning, marketing and publicity :-) so...right up my alley.

Thought I'd drop in and say hey.

huggytree
07-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Hello,

its been rather slow around here....many of the regulars are disappearing (like you!).......seems like only web designers are left

Patrysha
07-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Well considering I made a considerable income establishing and writing for websites over the years, I do somewhat fit the description of web designer. It was impossible to connect from a job like daycare teacher though...it's one of those hands-on get-off-your-butt jobs that leaves little time for posting to web forums. I spent my spare time checking out (and ultimately joining) toastmasters and mapping out my writing/speaking goals. I discover I love the balance of having a day job with a more fulfilling writing life...though it's been less public than the life I'd become accustomed to online over the past 17 years!

KristineS
07-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Welcome back Patrysha. Sounds like the new job will be interesting.

David Hunter
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Welcome, back!!