PDA

View Full Version : Grant writing and application process for a 501c3 business?

S.Martt
06-27-2014, 11:38 PM
So I'm the office manager of a small start-up business. we have been 501c3 state certified for almost a year now but the owners have no idea how buckle down to get grants coming in. I'm trying to help them as much as i can but I'm can't do everything myself. We don't have enough money to hire an official grant writer is there anyone that can help me either learn how to write a successful grant myself or can do it for a reasonable price?
-Thank you in advance.

Freelancier
06-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Since grants often come from the government and there are usually "open records" laws that make government documents public... have you considered just requesting the grant paperwork for some grants you know about that came from your local/state/federal governments?

In the same vein: go find a non-competitive non-profit in your area, and speak to their manager about getting copies of any grants they've written that have been successful. If you're not competing for the same batch of money they are, then they'll likely be ok sharing their knowledge.

alwaysinterested
07-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Since grants often come from the government and there are usually "open records" laws that make government documents public... have you considered just requesting the grant paperwork for some grants you know about that came from your local/state/federal governments?

In the same vein: go find a non-competitive non-profit in your area, and speak to their manager about getting copies of any grants they've written that have been successful. If you're not competing for the same batch of money they are, then they'll likely be ok sharing their knowledge.

I agree with both paragraphs for the most part. They are grants and anybody can learn how to get them as they are intended for the public to use, I would say since this is how their business will stay afloat is that they should pick somebody to donate some serious time to this and start applying for grants.