PDA

View Full Version : Doubt About EIN Number

marju
06-21-2014, 09:05 PM
I opened a LLc company and I got the EIN Number but when I filled the aplication I put how Principal Business Activity "Construction" and how Principal Products/service "framing and drywall" but I can't get the licence
for this activity and finaly I get a licence how "Floor Coveryn Istalations. The name of company is the same, no change. Can I use The actual EIN number for the new activity? I need a new number? Or I need amend the actual number?
Thanks.

jamesray50
06-24-2014, 08:31 AM
You can keep the EIN. The number is for the name of your business, not the principal activity.

Business Attorney
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM
I agree with Jo Ellen. I'm not even sure what the IRS does with the industry and product information that goes on the Form SS-4 since it over-generalizes what many businesses do even at the beiginning. It's clear, however, that changing the scope of your business activities has no impact on using the EIN assigned to the business.

marju
06-24-2014, 09:06 PM
I agree with Jo Ellen. I'm not even sure what the IRS does with the industry and product information that goes on the Form SS-4 since it over-generalizes what many businesses do even at the beiginning. It's clear, however, that changing the scope of your business activities has no impact on using the EIN assigned to the business.

Thanks So much for your answer

marju
06-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Thanks So much for your answer