PDA

View Full Version : Phone Greeting / Auto Attendant - Upgrade

MakingItNow
06-15-2014, 02:12 PM
I've used Nextiva on and off for about 5 years. I don't know a whole lot about hosted phone systems, but the Auto Attendant sounds absolutely terrible lately. It is VOIP. Whn I say terrible, I mean patchy reception sounding.

I usually get calls from my marketing materials and internet leads which re-route to a cell. This is the first impression and I'm totally unhappy with it.

Can anyone recommend a way for me still have the phone picked up and the greeting played before forwarding the call? I would like to stay under $20.00 / month.

MyITGuy
06-16-2014, 08:28 AM
I've used Nextiva on and off for about 5 years. I don't know a whole lot about hosted phone systems, but the Auto Attendant sounds absolutely terrible lately. It is VOIP. Whn I say terrible, I mean patchy reception sounding.

I usually get calls from my marketing materials and internet leads which re-route to a cell. This is the first impression and I'm totally unhappy with it.

Can anyone recommend a way for me still have the phone picked up and the greeting played before forwarding the call? I would like to stay under $20.00 / month.
I would recommend RentPBX if you want a full featured PBX with Auto Attendants.

larrybryan
07-22-2014, 04:47 PM
I've been using a VoIP Cisco business phone system since the beginning of the year and it's worked out very well for me. I have unlimited nationwide calling, an automated attendant, voice mail and fax to my email, and you even have the option of recording and monitoring calls (which I don't need but it's still pretty sweet). You can add as many lines as you want (up to 1000 supposedly) since it uses the internet connection, not a phone line, there's no dropped calls and the quality is great. They have multiple options for the handsets depending on what you want and it comes with a 30 day guarantee. I came across them on Amazon and they had a few good reviews so I tried it out. Feel free to check it out and see what you think! ťamazon.com/dp/B00LBAHOWK or you can visit the certified vendors site fastpbx.com

CallBettie
08-07-2014, 11:55 AM
While this may not be what you're looking for the next step up would be a live receptionist. Did you know you could have a live receptionist greeting all of your callers for as little as $49.99 per month? Another option is PhoneBooth.com and they offer business service VOIP for close to $20 per month.

webdesignphx
08-08-2014, 03:49 PM
We use Vocalocity VOIP service with Cisco phones. They were bought out by Vonage. But it has a great user portal backend. I highly recommend their services. Priced fairly and I rarely have problems.