PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning roles on Facebook

ashlen
06-10-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't mean to ask this question here but I received no response on the FB forums -_- FB recently changed its interface for business pages and I cannot figure out where to go to change my role to page admin. I want to change to this role because it allows me to comment/like under the page name. Previously the change was done by clicking on the drop down menu in the top right corner but now I am not seeing that option anymore. Does anyone know how to do this?

KristineS
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
That's weird. On our pages it says "You are posting liking as (page name) - Change to Kristine Shreve" right at the top of the page in white letters. The change option is a link. I just click that and it changes. We have the new timeline on our pages, so I can't imagine why it would be different for anyone else.

ashlen
06-10-2014, 11:26 PM
I have that option as well at the top but that does not change the facebook role completely, i.e. if you navigate to other pages you will post and comment under your personal account rather than business account. There used to be an option to fully switch to the business account so you can post on other pages under your business account which was awesome ! Just can't find where to do that now...

ashlen
06-12-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm going to wrap up this thread :) I found that when I am on my personal FB page I can click on the down arrow in the top right corner and transition to page admin by clicking on the account under "Use Facebook As:"

I am admin of a few pages and so there is a scroll bar that appears so I can find the specific page I want to transition my role to.

ashlen
06-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Sometimes the scroll bar doesn't appear though. Hmph!