PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back, back again?

Blacktalon
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Hello folks.

A lot has happened since I last spoke with some of you. I got my HR designation and I'm returning to university in September to finish my BA, and to pursue my doctorate.

Glad to be back. :)

Blacktalon

cbscreative
03-05-2009, 08:10 PM
OK, so I already noticed your arrival as a new member before you posted, but now that you have made your official introduction, welcome back to the group.

So how's married life? You must be around or over your first year by now. Your wife deserves an award for putting up with you that long. :D

Then again, I'm getting the better deal in my marriage too. Last Nov was the 23rd anniversary, so my wife deserves much more than I could ever afford.

vangogh
03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Welcome back Sean. Good to see you're doing well. Looks like you have a few years of school ahead of you too.

Thanks for joining or rejoining the community.

Blacktalon
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I cook. Willingly. That's all that needs to be said.

Our 1 1/2 year just passed actually. WE be doing fine. Only thing we're planning for now are little demonic beings with curly red hair heathens to wreak havoc on this planet and...

Did I say that out loud? Heh...MOVING ON NOW.

Marriage be good. Wifey and I came back from Ft. Lauderdale over the Xmas holidays/Yuletide Season...and I honestly have to say it was hard to come back. Not because of the temperature (I'm not bothered by the cold), but rather the thoughts of the two of us starting a new life away from home...It honestly felt like we were getting away from the mundane and had a chance to "live". I saw a Jaguar in Aventura Mall and I said to my brother-in-law that I could easily see myself in one of those. He grinned, but I smiled as though I had perma-smile on the inside of my soul.

One thing that really surprised me was the # of empty/abandoned buildings. DAnia Beach's "downtown" was pretty much 70% shuttered up.

On another note, I've delved deep into philosophy and political science. Among the books I've read lately have been:

Nietzsche's "Beyond Good and Evil", and "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"
Plato's "The Republic"
Aristotle's "The Art of Rhetoric"
Jean Chretien's (Cdn Prime Minister) "My Life as Prime Minister"
Noam Chomsky's "Imperial Ambitions"

Business is doing really well. I also sit on a Board of Directors as a Director of Communications for the HRPAD (Human Resources Professionals Association of Durham).

Been able to get two new clientele who have contracts.

So yeah, everything is going great. You? :)

Sean

Business Attorney
03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Welcome back, Sean. Good to hear you have been doing so well since we last heard from you.

Blacktalon
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello David,

Oh yes, they certainly have. I think it'll be grand to continue here from where I left off, except from a different demeanour and perspective.

I'm anxious to recommence with you all.

Sean

Blessed
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Well I never knew you before but... welcome to the forum :)

We're increasing the demographics around our part of the country by one in June... if he's anything like his Daddy the world had better look out! Our sweet girl is already as ornery as they get so who knows what the boy will be like.

~Jenn

Vivid Color Zack
03-14-2009, 01:33 AM
is Shady back? Should I tell a friend?

cbscreative
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
One thing that really surprised me was the # of empty/abandoned buildings. DAnia Beach's "downtown" was pretty much 70% shuttered up.

So yeah, everything is going great. You? :)

I'm guessing there was a certain Arkansas based mega retailer just outside of town. :rolleyes: I don't want to derail your thread, but if the answer is yes, let's just say it would not be the first time that's happened. Of course, there could be many other causes too.

And with me, things are going very well. In fact, my righteous redheads will rule over your curly haired heathens. :D

Paul Elliott
03-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Welcome, Sean. Sorry I've not known you before, but good to see you back or not. :)

Paul