PDA

View Full Version : Copywriting benefits

liamdai
06-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Can someone give me some critique on my bullet points.

I've been trying to distinguish feature vs benefit and my head is about to explode.

Can you give me some pointers to rewrite these into understandable benefits? Also the first action work, seems too repetitive. What do you guys think?

- Save more money by only paying for the coverage you choose
- Save time and frustration because we will do all the work
- Get help with problems, by having an expert with you every step of the way
- Get your best interests first, always, we represent you
- Get the best price by allow the insurance companies to bid for your business.

vangogh
06-04-2014, 02:06 AM
I think you've done a good job putting the benefits first. The first 2 benefits and the last are universal things that most everyone would see as a benefit. I think the 3rd and 4th are too vague. I started looking through all 5 a little more closely and I reduced them to 4. I'm not writing them in the same form.

You choose the coverage you want
Insurance companies bid for your business driving the price of insurance down
We'll provide our expertise to answer your questions and help you make decisions
We'll do all the work so you don't have to

I'm not saying what I wrote is any better, but it's another take that will hopefully give you some ideas.

In general think about the specific people who might buy from you and think about what you offer to convince them to buy. Try to be as specific to your customers as possible. What are the pain points for buying insurance? How to do you remove those points? I think you cover the main reasons people might struggle buying insurance. I don't know that you have to state a specific benefit. I think it's more important to address how you're helping your customers. If they're worried about having to pay for coverage they don't need you address that simply by letting them know they can choose which coverage to pay for.

The idea is let customers/clients know what they get that matters to them and not a listing of the features of technical specs of your product/service. It doesn't matter what the rotational velocity of your drill bit is. It only matters that I can make holes with your drill quickly.

bjay99
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Save time and money by choosing the best coverage that meets your needs by having us do all the leg work.

Can someone give me some critique on my bullet points.

I've been trying to distinguish feature vs benefit and my head is about to explode.

Can you give me some pointers to rewrite these into understandable benefits? Also the first action work, seems too repetitive. What do you guys think?

- Save more money by only paying for the coverage you choose
- Save time and frustration because we will do all the work
- Get help with problems, by having an expert with you every step of the way
- Get your best interests first, always, we represent you
- Get the best price by allow the insurance companies to bid for your business.

David Hunter
06-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Do you have exact numbers you can use? Or, exact times... Likes... Save up to $300 by only paying for the coverage you use. Etc.

liamdai
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
i dont have exact numbers i can use, because there are so many companies, but from my track record, i've been saving people over 30% off their current policy. (i should clarify, depends on which company i am competiting against i can save 100-1000 dollars, it depends, but 5-30% is usually the savings, not the same for everyone)

also i've been tinkering and trying to get some "emotional" benefits, how do these sound?

More money for buying things you want, we get insurance companies to offers you their lowest price
Get free time to enjoy the things you love doing while we do all the work
sleep better knowing it's covered with the right companies
being in control on what's covered and what's not by asking us questions
freedom to pay for the coverage you want, with made for you policies
support when you need it most, we are on your side not the insurance companies

vangogh
06-10-2014, 09:25 PM
5-30% are numbers. You can use those instead of the exact dollar amount. You might emphasize up to 30% savings or something like that.

Dan Furman
06-13-2014, 03:40 AM
Choose your coverage, and our experts will handle the details.
You get exactly what you want, without the frustration or time sink.
Better service, and lower prices too (competition does that.)