PDA

View Full Version : Please Give Preliminary Review of New Landing Page

Harold Mansfield
03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
So I'm thinking about jumping back into PPC again. My last outing failed miserably because I didn't quite understand it.

I have come to realize that I can't re-invent the wheel and landing pages are, the way they are, because they work. It's always been my big weakness, So here we go.

I did some preliminary research and, I'm putting together a new campaign and I would like some opinions on the landing page that I am putting together.

Any tips are more than welcome.
http://www.livethinagain.com/Top5/

I just want to know if I'm on the right track this time.

Marcomguy
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Ideally we should be reviewing the landing page along with the PPC ad, to see how well the two connect. But anyway, here are my impressions of the landing page.

First impression: What is the site selling? The headline suggests that you're selling information on the top 5 weight loss products. This impression is reinforced because I don't see any product shots or visual clues that tell me this is an ecommerce site.

Then my eyes fall on the quiz. Now I'm confused. What does the quiz question have to do with the top 5 products? Then I look at the other 2 subheads, Adrenal fatigue and healthy colon cleanse, and my confusion is complete. Neither of these two copy blocks is paying off the headline.

Then - just above the fold - I see "Review the top 5 selling weight loss supplements." I have to scroll down - way down - to see all 5 products. That's when I realize you're selling products. Now I get the headline.

My suggestion is to put all 5 products above the fold. Provide a link from each product to its full description, which can be placed lower on the page. Also put teasers about your free bonus offers above the fold.

The As Seen on TV logo is too close to the headline, and hampers readability.

This is the 2nd site I've reviewed lately where the site owner is selling goods, but places the goods out of sight. My view is, if you're selling something, put it up front, above the fold on the home page. Then the visitor does not have to do any work to get to your products.

billbenson
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
You have 5 products on one page. Write an ad with keywords and landing page optimized for one product. Don't use a landing page with 5 products, write 5 landing pages.

Use meta tags, title, H tags to match the ad. At the moment you have no title tag, meta description or keyword tag. While I generally agree that the meta tags are generally pretty useless, stick it in there. You are telling google what the page is about. Only a couple of keywords; short description about alli only!

You have one H1 that says just Alli. I'd make that a little more descriptive somehow. Maybe Alli over-the-counter weight loss product. If you want the page to have just Alli at the top, use css to make the h1 regular text and stick it in there. Or H1 Alli; H2 "FDA approved over the counter weight loss product" Make sure Alli and over the counter weight loss appears in your ad and in the key words.

I'd write the ad something like this (bare in mind I don't know the product or good Keywords):

Alli Weight Loss
FDA approved over the counter
Free Shipping - call to action
www.domain.com/Alli display URL
http://www.domain/Alli actual URL, use htaccess to edit the URL to contain keywords.

That's how I would do it anyway.

oh, on edit: I have the same ad in three groups using the keywords separately in each group as follows

key phrase
"key phrase"
[key phrase]

I start out with a lot of key phrases and start deleting the ones with no impressions after a while. 20 key phrases is a good number to shoot for in an ad. Most of mine are two or three times that though.

If you can get clicks on the exact match [] keyphrase, you can keep your costs down quite a bit.

Harold Mansfield
03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Ideally we should be reviewing the landing page along with the PPC ad, to see how well the two connect. But anyway, here are my impressions of the landing page.

First impression: What is the site selling? The headline suggests that you're selling information on the top 5 weight loss products. This impression is reinforced because I don't see any product shots or visual clues that tell me this is an ecommerce site.

Then my eyes fall on the quiz. Now I'm confused. What does the quiz question have to do with the top 5 products? Then I look at the other 2 subheads, Adrenal fatigue and healthy colon cleanse, and my confusion is complete. Neither of these two copy blocks is paying off the headline.

Then - just above the fold - I see "Review the top 5 selling weight loss supplements." I have to scroll down - way down - to see all 5 products. That's when I realize you're selling products. Now I get the headline.

My suggestion is to put all 5 products above the fold. Provide a link from each product to its full description, which can be placed lower on the page. Also put teasers about your free bonus offers above the fold.

The As Seen on TV logo is too close to the headline, and hampers readability.

This is the 2nd site I've reviewed lately where the site owner is selling goods, but places the goods out of sight. My view is, if you're selling something, put it up front, above the fold on the home page. Then the visitor does not have to do any work to get to your products.

OK got it ! That all makes perfect sense. That is all easily changed, thanks.

You have 5 products on one page. Write an ad with keywords and landing page optimized for one product. Don't use a landing page with 5 products, write 5 landing pages.

Use meta tags, title, H tags to match the ad. At the moment you have no title tag, meta description or keyword tag. While I generally agree that the meta tags are generally pretty useless, stick it in there. You are telling google what the page is about. Only a couple of keywords; short description about alli only!

You have one H1 that says just Alli. I'd make that a little more descriptive somehow. Maybe Alli over-the-counter weight loss product. If you want the page to have just Alli at the top, use css to make the h1 regular text and stick it in there. Or H1 Alli; H2 "FDA approved over the counter weight loss product" Make sure Alli and over the counter weight loss appears in your ad and in the key words.

I'd write the ad something like this (bare in mind I don't know the product or good Keywords):

Alli Weight Loss
FDA approved over the counter
Free Shipping - call to action
www.domain.com/Alli display URL
http://www.domain/Alli actual URL, use htaccess to edit the URL to contain keywords.

That's how I would do it anyway.

Didn't get around to and SEO (tags and stuff ) yet.
as far as the 5 products on one page....well I was trying for the review/comparison thing , but I guess I haven't done well making that clear.

I have the domains for this landing page that I am going to use registered, and each one will probably dictate the SEO a little better once I get the layout down...I'm kind of practicing on this sub folder until I get it right.

This is a good place to start so that I can zero in on the mission and hit the target.

Thanks for the tips, any more are appreciated.

Oh Yeah, the products at the top, that's more of "I have theses spots, what should I put there?" more than anything else. I'm sure I can come up with something a little more helpful for that space.

Harold Mansfield
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Just a quick update:
I moved the "Featured Product" header down towards the footer which moved the products closer to the header and above the fold.

I stripped the date, time, comments, and title (will compensate with "All In One SEO") so the content starts immediately.

Still working on getting all 5 products above the fold with a link to it's area. (Don't know how to do that yet),

I can see where I was missing the boat, thanks.

I know I have to redo the header, and product titles.

vangogh
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm guessing you've already changed a few things based on the feedback above.

One first impression is it does look like a landing page, though you've managed to make it look a lot less spammy than most which is a major accomplishment in itself. I have to agree about the 5 products. I think going for one product would be better. Why not make 5 different landing pages instead of trying to sell all 5 on one page. By giving people choices you're making it harder for them to make a decision.

Think of the typical landing page. It's all about selling one and only one thing. You generally won't see navigation either since those are also choices that aren't the one you want the visitor to take. The whole page is focused on one thing which is selling a single product.

If I read through the entire page I might not know which product I want and leave to do more research. If I happen to be on another site when I make up my mind guess which site makes the sale?

Any chance you could get testimonials? Those are usually big selling points in the single landing page.

Get rid of the About page, especially as you're not doing anything with it. Then once you do you won't need the Home page link either. If someone is going to click on the page it will have to be one of your Order Now buttons.

Harold Mansfield
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
I could easily recreate this for each individual product, no problem, that's kind of why I have a few domains waiting in limbo, for just that purpose.
Concerning the multiple products...in this niche I rarely see one product pages anymore, in fact, many of the top listed affiliate marketers have sometimes hundreds of products listed. I thought I was "dumbing it down" to the top 5.

So far I have accomplished 2 things:
It looks like a landing page, and it doesn't look spammy...that's a huge accomplishment for me in itself:).

Testimonials are huge. I'll have to see what kind of tools the affiliate has...I know people love the "before and after" - "fat/skinny" shots, even if they are from people they don't know. (which is really weird)

vangogh
03-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Maybe the niche does want more than one product now. I guess I'm just thinking of some of what I've read and seen about keeping the entire page focused on a singular goal of selling one product. Usually the most successful landing pages give you two options, buy or leave. Hence the lack of navigation since it gives other choices.

The theory in landing pages has usually been to include every piece of information you could in order to answer any possible questions and deflect any possible objection. That may be changing though, but I think it's still the common wisdom.

The testimonials work on a certain personality type that needs to know others have had success with your product before they'll give it a shot. Other personality types could care less, but for some the testimonials are the most important info on the page.

billbenson
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
The problem with the 5 items is with adwords, not common sense. By having your landing page exactly match the ad and keywords, you will most likely get a much better cost per click and click through. Google really wants the page to match the ad. You certainly could just use headings and titles for one of the products. If you keep all 5, you will spend more money per click.

Perhaps if you keep all 5, pay more per click, but have a higher closure rate on the landing page it's a wash.

Watch your negative keywords as well. Best place to get those is in your stats. You don't want clicks for competitive products coming to you.

Harold Mansfield
03-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Well, my line of thinking here is to capture a few search phrases that I feel are still open for competition...it's obvious that this is the most competitive niche online, but I think I found a couple of domains to "backdoor" my way in on a few untapped search queries. Yes the numbers are lower, but they are enough for me to tweak the pitch and capture some top spots.

I can't afford to compete, at this point, for specific product searches, the CPC is too high right now, but I though if I could maybe capture queries with less competition....at least everything I have read
say's that is the best way, especially in such a heavily competitive niche.

As I said, I don't have a complete grasp on using adwords, so this is sort of an experiment and I am heeding all of your suggestions and expert tutelage so I don't completely waste money without learning anything.

I have probably "spied" 50 or so landing pages and product sites in this niche and they all have more than one product on the page...and I compared that to the keywords they are targeting, the copy on the page, ad copy, CPC, meta and other SEO information and they seem to be pulling it off.....and they are affiliates also.

But this again is the problem I have with adwords in the first place...it seems as if you can only sell one thing at a time to get a decent price per click, so they want you to place an ad for each product. I hate that.
.but as I said, if I can get the navigation, design, and copy down I can pop out multiple one product pages with the same template across tons of sub domains and sub folders across all the weight loss domains I have.

But I am thinking, if I target a specific product, I already know what it costs no matter how good the copy on my page is...it's more than $1 a click and up in this niche and I'm not paying that until I have it down to a science.

By the way ...I am conscious of people leaving for more information and I have a fix for that...I haven't activated any plug ins or anything yet, right now i am just worried about the design.

Marcomguy
03-05-2009, 10:09 AM
5 products on the page is fine, as long as the PPC ad is worded to set up the right expectation in the mind of the visitor.

Also, hat's off to you for finding untapped search queries in this competitive market. :cool:

billbenson
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Do you have a landing page and suspected keywords for a competitive site that you think does well? It might help us see what you are up against?

vangogh
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Seems like right now it's all about testing for you. Hard to know if five products will be better or if one will be better, but the only way to find out is to try and see what happens. No reason you can't have this out there with the ability to make money while you're feeling your way around for the best options.

Chimpie
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Vangogh is right, as usual.

Granted I'm not looking for any diet information (don't need it anytime soon, hopefully) so I didn't look at the content to closely. I've gone back a few times and came up with the same conclusion.... there's too much information on that page and I don't know where to focus my attention.

Pictures are good. It ties an 'image' to the text.

Scrolling is bad. Too much scrolling down and one will forget about what is on top. And then you have the pop quiz headlined by a question (Great! Interactiveness (wow, that's actually a word) You have my attention.) but now I've really forgotten what is on top. Then you have an ad about two books. I like to read. I want to click there. Wait, what is this site about?

Just my very random thoughts.

Harold Mansfield
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
5 products on the page is fine, as long as the PPC ad is worded to set up the right expectation in the mind of the visitor.

Also, hat's off to you for finding untapped search queries in this competitive market. :cool:
Not necessarily untapped, just less competition. I don't want to get my butt kicked and bleed money trying to walk in the front door. I learned my lesson last time:(

Do you have a landing page and suspected keywords for a competitive site that you think does well? It might help us see what you are up against?

Oh Wow ! Well, every combination, of every keyword surrounding every imaginable product has hundreds of adwords competitors for anything having to do with the words "Diet" and "Weight Loss". Multiply that by the hundreds of products and it's staggering.

If I was someone else, I would tell them they are crazy to tackle this niche with limited experience, but I'll dig a few up.

Seems like right now it's all about testing for you. Hard to know if five products will be better or if one will be better, but the only way to find out is to try and see what happens. No reason you can't have this out there with the ability to make money while you're feeling your way around for the best options.

Well I can do both. Even at a 5% conversion ratio, of what I am willing to pay maximum per click it's break even.

I'm also going to do the usual stuff too..but PPC is the only way that I see to really get something going in this niche.

What I am more concerned with before I go any further is the look and feel of the page because I plan on recreating it (changing a few things like color and product) several times.

Does it look professional ?
Is it comparative to other landing pages?
Is it simple enough?
Colors?
Easy to read ?

I need to get the look down first.

billbenson
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Here's a little different angle on the whole thing:

Someone on a different forum appears to do quite well building arbitrage sites. He keeps what he is doing pretty close to the vest, but he uses adwords to bring people to his site and places ads including adsense on his site. If the ad on his site makes more money than the adwords click, he makes money. That's as much as I know about it.

If you can get enough traffic for some niche keywords and the call to action on your page is either buy your product or click on an ad that pays cost + 0.20 or whatever, you can make some money.

Like I said, I've never done it, but people are out there making money this way. Seems like your type of site my be one to play around with it a bit. Just a thought.

Harold Mansfield
03-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Here's a little different angle on the whole thing:

Someone on a different forum appears to do quite well building arbitrage sites. He keeps what he is doing pretty close to the vest, but he uses adwords to bring people to his site and places ads including adsense on his site. If the ad on his site makes more money than the adwords click, he makes money. That's as much as I know about it.

If you can get enough traffic for some niche keywords and the call to action on your page is either buy your product or click on an ad that pays cost + 0.20 or whatever, you can make some money.

Like I said, I've never done it, but people are out there making money this way. Seems like your type of site my be one to play around with it a bit. Just a thought.

Yes, I know about arbitrage. One of the reasons diet and weight loss is so competitive is because people will always buy a pill to lose weight...it's one of the top things, (along with "grow hair", "make money doing nothing", and "get a big *****"), but it also pays well per sale..some affiliate even pay for a free trail, or sign up...so it is easy, in a way, to make a profit...but it's so huge, getting your foot in the door somewhere is the real hustle.

Harold Mansfield
03-07-2009, 11:53 PM
O.K here is one of the single product landing pages. There is no meta info, or any SEO at all, I just need opinions on the design of it as a landing page. Does it look like something that will convert, or do I need to go back to the drawing board ?
http://www.tvdietpills.com/alli/

vangogh
03-08-2009, 12:45 AM
I can't say if it will convert or not, but the page looks pretty good to me. I like it better than the 5 product version. The testimonials are a nice addition. Both read well. You probably don't need the home button at the top since it only leads back to the same page.

I really like how you're getting the basic landing page stuff in there without the page looking as spammy as most.

billbenson
03-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Not sure, because its so far afield from anything I've done eborg. A couple of thoughts though. I looked at a couple of your competitors for Alli. I clicked on the top adwords ads. Both of the ones I clicked on took you to an informational page for a presell and then to a buy page. They had the same pricing as you and the same return policy.

Are you tied into the prices you are using? If not and it fits into your pricing scheme, why not knock 5 dollars of the price and pitch best Alli prices on the web. Assume your competition has done your preselling for you?

If you need to be where you are with pricing, have some other give away that you can include or include cheap with the sale?

I've found the free something in your adwords ad gets you a better click through, in my case free shipping. You still have to make sure you get your keywords in the ad though.

If you want to stay with the page you have; when I got to the bottom of the page I thought there should be a buy link at the top. When I went back to the top, it was there, but I never saw it. My eye was drawn to the large text below the video. I'd make the two buy links at the top more prominent or perhaps move the video or something else around a bit.

It looks good. I'm just throwing out some thoughts.

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Of course no one can tell if it will convert, I misspoke on that one, but I am notoriously horrible with landing pages, and headers, but I figure it's time I learn.
Thanks for you input, I really appreciate it.

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Not sure, because its so far afield from anything I've done eborg. A couple of thoughts though. I looked at a couple of your competitors for Alli. I clicked on the top adwords ads. Both of the ones I clicked on took you to an informational page for a presell and then to a buy page. They had the same pricing as you and the same return policy.

Are you tied into the prices you are using? If not and it fits into your pricing scheme, why not knock 5 dollars of the price and pitch best Alli prices on the web. Assume your competition has done your preselling for you?

If you need to be where you are with pricing, have some other give away that you can include or include cheap with the sale?

I've found the free something in your adwords ad gets you a better click through, in my case free shipping. You still have to make sure you get your keywords in the ad though.

If you want to stay with the page you have; when I got to the bottom of the page I thought there should be a buy link at the top. When I went back to the top, it was there, but I never saw it. My eye was drawn to the large text below the video. I'd make the two buy links at the top more prominent or perhaps move the video or something else around a bit.

It looks good. I'm just throwing out some thoughts.

Yeah the prices are set, can't change that. I had though about low fat and low cal recipes..i have 1000's of them (Smoothies, Salads, Seafood, Crockpot, Low cal, Low Fat, etc) , and just giving a zip file full of all the recipees to everyone who drops me an email with thier reciept number,
but, I have to be careful with the disclaimer that the recipes are not part of a sanctioned alli plan, and are merely suggestions of low fat foods.

Apparently alli has a nasty side effect that if you don't stick to a low fat diet, you may lose control of your bowels:eek:. I'm not kidding, it's true, but people love that...they feel it keeps you honest or else.

I'll work on the buy links, I agree I could use a button there. I'll figure out a way to put it in.
Thanks for your insight.

vangogh
03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Glad to help. I guess no matter what we say it'll come down to results. Do you have anything set up to run A/B split tests or multivariate tests. I think you're going to use AdWords to drive some traffic and if so you'll be able to test the page. Maybe the thing is to run some tests and tweak a few things here and there.

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Glad to help. I guess no matter what we say it'll come down to results. Do you have anything set up to run A/B split tests or multivariate tests. I think you're going to use AdWords to drive some traffic and if so you'll be able to test the page. Maybe the thing is to run some tests and tweak a few things here and there.

Yeah, I do have a testing budget to work with before I go full out. I am also thinking about YSM as well.

I still have to finish it up, activate the links, cloaking and SEO plug ins, favicon, put the doctors endorsement in the sidebar, throw my keywords and phrases into the content to help with my score, and I think I will go with the free recipe thing too, along with a ton of other health and family ebooks that I have as one big zip file offering for free with your order.

I may be silly but one of my favorite additions was to add the Wynonna Judd book for sale in the sidebar as a way to get her face on it, since she is a paid endorser of the product and the commercials run all the time nationwide...I haven't seen anyone else tying the two together like that. I thought that was kind of cleaver:)

I plan on doing 5 of these just like this one with a different product of course. It's a little scary..it's a huge market with a lot of competition, probably the most in all of affiliate marketing. I couldn't have picked a more difficult niche, but, what the heck..no success without risk, right ?

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Vangogh, I do have a question for you. This landing page is run on Wordpress. I have already stripped out the date, post meta, comments, and any other post information, but there is still a large gap between the post headline, and the content.
Where do I find that code to adjust it so to remove or narrow that space?
Also the space where the post ends, and the footer begins..I would like to narrow that down as well and get the content closer to the bottom.

billbenson
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what kind of adwords traffic the sites placing at the top get and what they pay per click?

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2009, 04:45 PM
The last time I tried a little adwords in this niche..it was with a branded storefront. My ads were poorly written, improperly structured, and there was no original content, I didn't do any SEO, and I was paying $.10 to $1.50 a click and that broke me pretty fast.

I took the first sponsored site from the search term "weight loss products" and it ranges anywhere from $.05 a click for "lipo6x" to $3.33 for "alli". (I'm surprised you can bid on the TMed name)

It looks like generally people are paying around $2.50 for "weight loss". I would never target that, but many of those sites are marketplaces with hundreds of diet pills for sale..although still affiliates.

I can't tell what their traffic is, but the search traffic for those particular terms is significant, 30,000- 160,000 +. I imagine if you are on the first page that you are getting thousands of click throughs.

I, of course am going long tail phrases and targeting how the products are branded. Of course once I get the formula down, the better the conversion ratio, the more you spend per click and per day.
This time I am actually creating a campaign, instead of just riding in like a cowboy and throwing up some ads expecting returns, which is what I did last time, but i didn't know any better.

This time I am going to stay on target with the way the page is written, and the actual target search, instead of trying to capture everything from everybody. If I can get a tiny, minuscule part of the market, it will be worth it.

I now understand that you have to build the campaign from the bottom up, and it's not like just buying space on a billboard, so I am building these pages with nothing but a PPC campaign in mind.

You can only go so far with SEO. I am starting to realize, online, just like in the real world, ads drive buyers.

vangogh
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
With the space it looks like you took out the meta info, but left the div.postMeta in the code. You can probably just add

div.postMeta {display: none}

to your css. Or you can remove the div itself from the html if you want. Should be in single.php or index.php or both.

I like the Wynona Judd idea. It'll be like having a celerity endorsement on the site.

the goat
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Where do I find that code to adjust it so to remove or narrow that space?
Also the space where the post ends, and the footer begins..I would like to narrow that down as well and get the content closer to the bottom.

In your .css style sheet, It is usually under .content#, most title areas on themes I use are usually <h2>

you can adjust the padding there

If you use firebug, you can find the code for any area of your pages really easy. It's a great tool.

billbenson
03-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I've had google stop ads for trademark names in ads. When they did it, it was for a trademark name in one industry that was a general term in my industry. They reinstated the ad when I complained. I use the trademarked name for the company I represent in my ads. Its a good keyword and I've been doing it for years. In my case, the trademark owner is unlikely to complain as I am promoting their name and product. Kind of like using hp printers in an ad for hp printers. Your not going to get any phone calls from lawyers at HP.

I would doubt you would have a problem using the word alli in an ad, although it is a trademark I assume.

VG, I have an ad where the key words are in the form hp model xxx printer. I am appearing number 1 if someone just types in "hp". I only want the ad to appear if someone types hp plus the rest of the key phrase. A negative keyword for hp will knock out any keyphrase that includes hp. That's not what I want. Any idea how to control this?

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
With the space it looks like you took out the meta info, but left the div.postMeta in the code. You can probably just add

div.postMeta {display: none}

to your css. Or you can remove the div itself from the html if you want. Should be in single.php or index.php or both.

I like the Wynona Judd idea. It'll be like having a celerity endorsement on the site.

In your .css style sheet, It is usually under .content#, most title areas on themes I use are usually <h2>

you can adjust the padding there

If you use firebug, you can find the code for any area of your pages really easy. It's a great tool.

O.K., I know where that is , thanks.

Harold Mansfield
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Unless anyone has any last minute suggestions, I'm going to stick with this layout and get it going:
Save $40 on alli Weight Loss Products |Free Low Fat Recipes with Every Order | Seen On T.V. Diet and Weight Loss Supplements| T.V.Diet Pills.com (http://www.tvdietpills.com/alli/)

Thanks for all your help.

billbenson
03-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Keep us posted on how it goes!

Harold Mansfield
03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Sure. I expect it to be a learning curve, and a battle for position, but we'll see if I can muscle my way in for a few sales here and there.

vangogh
03-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I think at this point it's all about testing and seeing what happens. I'm interested too in how well the page converts. It will also be interesting to see what changes end up having the greatest impact.

Harold Mansfield
03-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Right now, I'm waiting on some articles that I outsourced. Gonna bum market at first, using a few new techniques and services...looking for 5 sales...that's it, and then I'll probably plop down some coin on my adwords account, and get the other 4 landing pages going .

vangogh
03-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Seems like a good way to start. Not too much expense and if things don't go well you're not out much. Hopefully you can make those 5 sales and go from there.

Harold Mansfield
04-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Just a little update. I did make 5 sales. I actually didn't even know it until I checked my Pay Pal account from another deposit and noticed some extra money in there.

So, I have to assume that the page can convert, and now work on writing ad copy for an adwords campaign and read over a few more tutorials to try and get it right the first time.

vangogh
04-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Funny when you don't notice you made some money and then there it is. Always a nice surprise. Something similar happened to me not too long ago.

Do you have stats on many visitors and pageviews so you can work out your conversion rate? Now that you know the page can make sales it's all about improving the conversion rate and driving more traffic to the page.