PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks questions?

Stealthengineer
05-27-2014, 12:31 PM
We are starting to have a steady stream of contract work come in and are needing a system to help with payroll and organization. At the current moment, I am not taking any pay and using the money from the contract work to fund my product that I am producing. However, I recently employed my fiancee to work for my company to help with assembly, organization, admin work, basically everything and anything. We also are looking at potentially hiring another person to help assemble on a needed basis project to project. So honestly I would only really have one regular employee, my fiancee, who is only working about part time hours monthly and then a second on a as needed basis. Any suggestions on programs that work? My fiancee left a career in the banking industries and recommended Quickbooks Pro with Enchanced Payroll 2014. (Amazon.com: QuickBooks Pro with Enhanced Payroll 2014: Software (http://www.amazon.com/QuickBooks-Pro-Enhanced-Payroll-2014/dp/B00E6LIECA))Just wanted some feedback and advice. All help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Freelancier
05-27-2014, 01:59 PM
6. E-file and e-pay features are available for federal and select state taxes. Please check availability at www.payroll.com/fileandpay. You may need to register with tax agencies in order to use e-file and e-pay features
7. All available state tax forms are listed at Payroll Help (http://www.payroll.com/support)

The above are pretty important... if you can't e-file and pay your payroll taxes, you might as well get a payroll service so that they keep up with it for you. I spend $43/month for Intuit's Online Payroll service for 2 employees and they handle pretty much everything with just a few clicks in their web-based UI. I don't make money doing payroll stuff, so I will spend a little money to make sure it's properly done for me.

Renewal of the QB Enhanced Payroll option is $150/year, additional employees are $2/month, so use that in calculating your actual costs.

TAAccounting
07-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Stealth,

I would recommend using quickbooks pro (or premier) and utilizing Intuit Online Payroll.

It allows for direct export into Quickbook via Internet Explorer, it can e-file state and city forms unlike QB Enhanced Payroll, and it's $25 per month (or $11.99 per month if you go through an accountant).

The other thing to consider is to find an accountant who is utilizing a cloud server for quickbook. This gives you higher mobility and accessibility without the need to troubleshoot quickbooks on your computer.

I hope this helps!

<Please set up a signature through Settings>