PDA

View Full Version : Funny Video About Twitter

vangogh
03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Happened across this video from The Daily Show (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=219519&title=Twitter-Frenzy) that I thought you might enjoy. (apologies for the short commercial you have to watch before the video starts)

It's Jon Stewart trying to explain how Twitter works with the help of a correspondent. Funny stuff and sadly all too often true.

Enjoy.

rezzy
03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
That was quite a funny video. It makes me wonder why some things are so popular now-a-days. If only I could have invented them a few months ago.

vangogh
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I wonder how funny it is to people who have no clue about Twitter. I think the more you know Twitter and social media in general the funnier it will be. Made me laugh anyway and sadly I know people who act like they do in the video.

Harold Mansfield
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Finally got to see it! I heard about it, but every time I went to the link the video wouldn't play :(.

Interesting note:
CNN just passed Obama for #1 (even passing Twitter themselves) and John McCain is in the top 50, which is funny because during the Presidential campaign he couldn't send an email.

Obama is one of the few Twitterer's who follows everyone back, he actually has more friends than followers, most other "celebrities" or politicians only follow in single and double digits while having hundreds of thousands of followers.

Source : Twitterholic (http://twitterholic.com/)

vangogh
03-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Of course it's probably Obama's staff that's doing all the tweeting. I'm not sure how much he uses the account. During the primaries Hillary was using Twitter too. Except she followed no one back. Interesting that CNN is #1. More interesting that John McCain is #50. Why do I think he has no idea what Twitter is.

customtollfree
03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey, thats one funny show about twitter. You know I was thinking about it... maybe someday some nerd will be able to develop a site that we can use one login and we will be able to access all these social media under one platform.

vangogh
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
You'd need the permission of each site. Some do offer APIs allowing you to access their data and there are a variety of tools that let you interact with more than one service at a time. I doubt we'll ever be able to get all through one service though.

KristineS
03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I finally saw that video too. Pretty funny.

I think my favorite line was the one about her stalker grunting all over her Tweet.

Too funny.