PDA

View Full Version : Best way to promote Blog Post Series

orion_joel
03-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi All,

I have a series of posts that i am working on (well actually completed) and am looking to really use this series to push traffic to my blog. I already have some ideas on how i am going to promote these posts, however would like to hear if you think that there is any more options as well.

What i am currently looking at doing

Twitter, will be on of my main promotion area's with tweets and trying to get some retweets.

Forums, I am going to start posting on relevant forums with the link in my sig with a note about the series next to the link.

Finally was thinking about trying a few CPC ads, though i doubt this will be a super effective part of the campaign, but never hurts to try everything.

My personal expectation is that twitter will be the biggest driver of visitors at this point, but that is why i am asking the question to see if anyone else can suggest another option.

vangogh
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
All good ways. One thing you don't want to forget is making sure you let people on the blog know the post is really a series of posts. You can add the titles of each post at the bottom and then link to them as you publish each new one. That should help build anticipation for the upcoming posts in the series.

The main goal of a series is to keep people coming back and to promote it always as your best content. That way new readers can learn what your blog is about and liking what they see go on to subscribe.

greenoak
03-04-2009, 08:38 AM
my top ways are...the website, and mostly from the forums im on....not this one.....but im on 3 or 4 related to my business and they really produce visits.....at my low level anyway...under 100 a day.. ...
.i would love to find a forum full of my potential buyers and full of good business talk specific to my fields..to get my visits more on target...
..my goal for growth would be around what my target audience needs and wants...i would stay away from generic...they are jaded and already know tons....

hopefully you have a blog as exciting and relevant as possibele to make you a go to destinatioin.... ....that would be the main thing..like snowboarding conditions on a site selling snowboards or free music on a dancing blog...or everything rosy and romantic on a blog selling foo foo websites....etc etc..
..be ruthless , why would they come?

ittybiz describes launches...one she described brought in over 100,000$...i think it was for a business class...
ann

vangogh
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Joel I thought of something else that might work. You could write another post on the same topic as the series and use it for a guest post somewhere. In the post if it's allowed or in your bio to the guest post you can link back to the series. You can do the guest post while you're promoting it now or you could wait until the series is done and write the guest post at a later time.

Harold Mansfield
03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Make sure you make up a Press Release announcing the upcoming feature and distribute it generously to the PR sites.
Also place it on every social site that you have a profile on, Facebook, Linked in, etc.

Also on your Twitter profile page, temporarily change your background to promote the upcoming feature as well, that way everyone that visits your profile will see the banner promoting it.

Last but not least, you need to make up your own banner to place on your blog above the fold as a constant reminder that it is up and coming.

customtollfree
03-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I would also add up bookmarking your posts to different social bookmarking sites such as Propeller, digg, delicious, stumbleupon, reddit and so on.

vangogh
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Best to let your readers submit your content to social sites.

bizcard
03-20-2009, 08:06 AM
You can also try build up a profile in facebook and post your blog post in the news feed so that your friends can read about it.

vangogh
03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Actually that's a good way to use social media. You should try to connect all my profiles and my blog as much as you're allowed. Not all profiles will let you add your blog content to the mix, but where they do you should add it. Ideally your friends are following your blog already, but this way anyone who connects with you through a social profile can at least be introduced to your blog and other profiles.

customtollfree
03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh I almost forgot, Create a lens on squidoo.

janicejan
04-06-2009, 04:33 AM
You haven't mentioned commenting on other people's blogs also how about trying squidoo and start creating lens about your blog, posting your link on your lens is fine with squidoo..

vangogh
04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Commenting is always a good way to interact with another community. Works best if your comments add something to the discussion and if you consistently comment on the same few blogs so you really get to know the community.

janiels
04-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Commenting is always a good way to interact with another community. Works best if your comments add something to the discussion and if you consistently comment on the same few blogs so you really get to know the community.

In addition to what mr Van said, commenting really helps but try to look for an area where in you can criticize someone's entry, they will surely visit your blog and comment on your entries as well.. expect negatives also LOL :D