PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! Doug from Flagstaff!

Lizard333
05-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Hello all,

My name is Douglas Whitehead, I'm 33, and my wife and I just started our first venture into owning a business. I am familiar with forums and looking forward to becoming an active member here. Neither of us have ever had a business, and we are enjoying our self so far. We are starting small, and chose to sell products that we personally use and believe in. Our focus is on products made here in the USA, and products that have similar beliefs. If the product doesn't work, I don't want it.

We are starting small and are completely ok with that. One day I would love to have a shop to sell out of, just happy now taking one step at a time. I work full time, and my wife is a professional homemaker and starting next year will be homeschooling our two wonderful boys, a preschooler and 3rd grader.

So far, our first company that we are reselling with is Elzetta. I have used their products for over a year, and they are bullet proof, literally, and our 100% made in the USA. We literally just started this resale business here in the last couple of weeks. We are looking to add more product to our sales list, but I am finding that is a slow process. The lack of store front is definitely a deal breaker with some companies. We are looking to start primarily with online, and at shows.

To let you know a little more about me, as my wife putts it, I don't have a filter. I am very blunt and to the point. I will come right out and say whats on my mind. I am very honest, and tend to get right to the point. I appreciate those qualities in other people and do not get offended when others are the same way. If you see something that I can do better, I am open to suggestions and comments. Dont worry, I WILL NOT take it the wrong way.

I fully admit I know very little about starting, running, or building a business. I know even less about building websites and online stores. I am using Godaddy, and I am 100% happy with their product, and especially their customer service. Those people seem to actually care, and In the 25+ calls to them, they have been helpful.

So check out my website and online store, in my signature, and let me know your honest opinion. Im looking forward to getting to know this forum and getting to know some of the members here. I know I will be taking a lot of info from you guys and putting it good use. Thanks!!

shop.patriotsupplyaz.com
patriotsupplyaz.com

I tried posting huperlinks but they didnt work. So you will just have to cut and paste.

vangogh
05-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Douglas. We all had to start somewhere. Trust me when I say I knew next to nothing about business when starting. I simply had a desire to work for myself and enough confidence that I would figure things out along the way.

I am very blunt and to the point

I think you'll find that's how many of us are here. You're going to fit right in. We're a pretty honest group and we are blunt, though we're also respectful of each other.

Do you mind posting the links to your site in the website review section of the forum. More people will likely offer thoughts there. You need to post a few more times before you can post active links. You can do what you did here if you prefer not to wait, but with just a few more posts you'll be able to use active links.

Looking forward to getting to know you and have some blunt and honest conversations. Thanks for joining the community.

David Hunter
05-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Welcome, Doug!

Likes like you're reselling flashlights for guns?! Another new member here is an NRA instructor!

Lizard333
05-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Welcome, Doug!

Likes like you're reselling flashlights for guns?! Another new member here is an NRA instructor!

I sure am. These are the best made flashlights money can buy.

I personally am a Life Member of the NRA, and am looking into becoming an instructor. Its is a very rewarding position.

David Hunter
05-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Rock on!

Also, Coltkilla is the other new member who is an NRA instructor.