PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please check this work in progress?

on_my_own
05-04-2014, 05:30 AM
Can someone please take a quick look at this site I'm working on creating please and give any tips on making it better? Still working on the banner for the header and thinking of adding social media icons on the header. I know there's a lot to be done.

www.getoffyours.com

Much appreciated!:)

Wozcreative
05-04-2014, 02:37 PM
There isn't too much to comment.. it is just a menu and a logo. It looks like it will be responsive, that's good. I like the colors as well.

on_my_own
05-04-2014, 03:18 PM
There isn't too much to comment.. it is just a menu and a logo. It looks like it will be responsive, that's good. I like the colors as well.

Thanks, still a ton of work to be done. I know what content I want each page to contain, but am still in between for what I should display in my Home Page. Any suggestions? This site is aimed towards promoting womens fitness and health. I have my logo already, but having a hard time figuring out how I should go about creating a banner for the site.

Wozcreative
05-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks, still a ton of work to be done. I know what content I want each page to contain, but am still in between for what I should display in my Home Page. Any suggestions? This site is aimed towards promoting womens fitness and health. I have my logo already, but having a hard time figuring out how I should go about creating a banner for the site.

Home page should entice people to go deeper. It should include tidbits of what the other pages include. It should have call to actions.

My answers are vague because your description of your business, your target audience, your message, style etc is all vague when looking at this. All I understand was female fitness. Who is the target audience though? Is it overweight people? Is it people who are already fit and looking for other ways to stay fit? Is it a fashion fitness site? Is it high end? Low end? Kitche? Is it for older women with osteoporosis? How about women who hate exercising and look for ways that work for their busy lifestyle? Extremely vague theres really not much to comment on.

As a women who doesn't enjoy exercising, what I would be interested in is the "adventure" style fitness. The hiking, the what's in my area to see and do that will excite both my mind and body? If i see a site that talks about going to the gym and clothes, it wouldn't be for me.

Harold Mansfield
05-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Sounds like you haven't given a whole lot of thought to your entire business model.
The first step would be to determine the purpose of the website. To generate leads? Provide information? Sell products? What do you want the website to do?
Once you determine that, and who you are targeting with it...at least you'll be going in the right direction to figure out how you want to say it.

on_my_own
05-04-2014, 08:06 PM
All great points guys. Firstly, thanks!

I plan on targeting women who are already interested in fitness. The site's plan is to post up videos relating to nutrition, fitness, and women's health. Pictures page will hopefully have a gallery of customers wearing the apparel I am selling. I plan on having the Stories page where I can find women who have made a change in their lives where they went from fat to fit so to speak and have them share their journey.

As of right now, I plan on having my home page have a summary of all this and include some images relating to this niche.

Wozcreative
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM
All great points guys. Firstly, thanks!

I plan on targeting women who are already interested in fitness. The site's plan is to post up videos relating to nutrition, fitness, and women's health. Pictures page will hopefully have a gallery of customers wearing the apparel I am selling. I plan on having the Stories page where I can find women who have made a change in their lives where they went from fat to fit so to speak and have them share their journey.

As of right now, I plan on having my home page have a summary of all this and include some images relating to this niche.

Why would they go to your website, as apposed to a website that actually has doctors offering these fitness advice? What is the difference between your website and all the other fitness websites out there? You need to figure that out. If you are going to do clothes, focus on a niche. Lululemon for example focuses on clothes but they have a specific patented material that they use.. their product is used to lift flabby butts and make you feel good in it while you are in motion. They are also priced very high, so only the elite who've had fitness experience for years generally go to.

on_my_own
05-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Why would they go to your website, as apposed to a website that actually has doctors offering these fitness advice? What is the difference between your website and all the other fitness websites out there? You need to figure that out. If you are going to do clothes, focus on a niche. Lululemon for example focuses on clothes but they have a specific patented material that they use.. their product is used to lift flabby butts and make you feel good in it while you are in motion. They are also priced very high, so only the elite who've had fitness experience for years generally go to.

I have thought about all these valid points and I have also seen similar websites selling apparel like mines, but without all the other aspects I plan on having such as videos, stories, etc. The sites have manage to gather a very large customer base in a few months and I have been following them regularly to see what the "trick" is. It seems that a large majority of customers are found off of social media. I have already created my social media accounts (FB, twitter, Instagam), but am waiting for my website to be complete before I really focus a lot of time promoting it. My thought is that I'm not really doing anything innovative, but there's enough potential buyers out there that I still have a chance at being somewhat successful and if I realize it fails, lesson learned.

I will definitely ask you for feedback on the site again once there is a lot more progress made.

Thanks again!

shadojake
05-08-2014, 06:53 PM
First, I find the home page not very viusally stimulating, sorry. There is nothing enticing me to stay and look around. I have no idea who Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are so their names do nothing for me. Also I am not familiar with the Robstensessed Blog but at the same time, I am not motivated to look it up based on you mentioning it. If these people have inspired you then you need more of a connection between them and your site.

As others mentioned you need to come up with something unique that will drive people to your site and make them want to stay and look around.

on_my_own
05-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Little change. I decided to just have my domain go directly to the site where I'm selling my stuff and currently working on promoting it through all social media possible. (I'm amazed at how some people have 100k followers on instagram! Is there a trick I'm missing?)

Anyways, please check it out...

Get Off Yours, Womens Fitness Apparel (http://www.getoffyours.com)

Wozcreative
05-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Your t-thirts are too simple, you can get more styles to sell.

I like the quotes on them but they are executed poorly. I am not liking how the graphics are just live traced using illustrator. It looks more like dollar store quality and not even walmart.

Also, does anyone else see a problem with the name "Get Off Yours"?

I went to the contact page and realized why you created this website. You had the opportunity to resell and have a website created by the printer/manufacturer. That's usually fine.. if you know what you are doing with design. All you really had to focus on was the creative aspect, and thats where it falls apart.

It's one thing if you know business and know how to run a printshop.. and the other if you know design.. you don't do either of these in this business. I highly suggest picking up some books and classes on typography if you want to improve the product. You als oneed to rethink your logo because it won't translate well on apparel with so many thin lines.