PDA

View Full Version : SEO help

chrismarklee
04-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I need to move above competitors’ Google plus directory listings for a sister city. I am
# 6 on page 1.
Any advise would be appreciated I have been battling this for awhile,

Thanks,

DavidProHQ
05-14-2014, 02:47 PM
This reply is a little late to your question, but what you need to do is build citations (place your business in local business directories). Here is a list of 115 local business directories (http://epointdigital.com/the-ultimate-list-local-business-directories/) with some more advice on which directories to submit to and how to do it properly. I did write it, but I'm not trying to promote myself, it's just relevant to the situation and will be very valuable to you and anyone else wanting to learn more about this. I love the internet, search engines, and optimizing for the search engines. You will also want to get reviews in some of the main places, maybe Yelp, Google+, Facebook, Foursquare, etc. A lot of the main local listings don't like it when business ask for a review, but rather just mentioned to the customer/client, "Hey, I'm on Yelp, you should go check me out."

The main things are: Build citations, get reviews, make sure your on-page SEO is up to par so your site is crawlable by the search engines, and incorporate schema into your website address, business name, phone number, and description you have listed on your site, which goes with on-page SEO.

I hope I was able to help!

Damon the Marketer
05-20-2014, 02:56 AM
Super easy. Lots of options:

1. Better site silo.
2. More keyword-focused articles.
3. Youtube connection.
4. Social backlinks.
5. Web 2.0 backlinks.
6. PBN.
7. Spam your competitor with bad backlinks (adding this option for completeness; please don't do this).
8. High DA backlinks.
9. Increase traffic.

MakingItNow
05-26-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm sure that I'll catch some flak for this, but I'm saying this from my 5 years experience. Doing things the "right" way is way easier (and safer) in the long haul. Everyone wants to try and cheat, but if you read all of the sob stories online you'll understand why not to do it. I though I was smart too in 2009, when what I did had amazing results. Then, Google slapped me down BIG TIME. Don't fall into "shady" tactics. Do it right the first time and every time.

I can see an easy solution for you.... It will make a difference.
If you have a website, link it. LINK IT!!!
Yeah, it's really that easy. Take a look at the rankings and see where the linked sites are ranked. Linked sites will have the URL underneath.

Please please don't believe all the BS online. Do it right and you'll get what you want. Do it like wrong and pay a hefty price once Google figures it all out. Trust me, they will figure it all out.

MakingItNow
05-26-2014, 01:01 PM
I took the time to search your local listings. You're doing it right and appear to rank well.

What keyword is bothering you? I'll search it and offer any legit advice I can. PM me if you would like to keep this thread from popping up for your keyword, lol. You could always post it as an image too.

Dimolimo
09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Probably you don't know or you are new on SEO but the process of optimization doesn't stop actually. You need to work work to receive the results you want. Try and combat your competition with other tactics that everybody is telling. I saw on a magazine a guy who learned a nice program from an entrepreneur and started to work instead 60h per week just 3 days a week and finally he sold each business with 5 and 7 millions each. It's not about quantity it's about quality.

webdesignphx
09-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Get Reviews!! That always helps with local maps listings.

Beat15
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Super easy. Lots of options:

7. Spam your competitor with bad backlinks (adding this option for completeness; please don't do this).

Well, you can't suggest someone to take to low level in order to get ahead of his competitors. Top ranking does not happen overnight, but with hard work and persistence you'll get there.

LianaCCB
11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
One of the greatest things our SEO guy told me was "Google loves Google" - the more you have a presence on Google owned sites, the more they will come up and the higher it'll be ranked. Everything ranging from Google+ (even though I personally don't like it), YouTube, etc. Anything owned or controlled by Google will help get you listed if not higher, but more frequently on the search results.