PDA

View Full Version : new E-commerce site - need review

foxlogo
02-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Hi all.
I'm new here, but read a lot of the stuff and gain a lot of good input.
I've built this new e-commerce site foxlogo.net, which provide a service of animating Logos.
It's been built on Wordpress & Woocommerce.
I'd really love to hear what you think of it - Styling wise, Content, shopper experience, etc.
Thanks!!

JohnF
03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Get rid of the Facebook popup when it loads. That will give you likes from disengaged people who won't really follow your posts, and that's worse than useless.

You also need a much, much better explanation of how your service works. It looks like you're just selling pre-made logos, but then it says people upload their own logo while purchasing one from you, and you combine them somehow and give them an improved logo the next day? Or something? I tried to figure it out, really can't understand exactly how this works.

novamarketing
04-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I watched the video on bottom of the main page and looked at some of the samples, and I think it's pretty cool. Good work overall. However I think the site looks pretty busy in general. IMO, you need to refine your website's design, especially because you are selling something visual as well.

Wozcreative
04-05-2014, 12:13 PM
There's no brand consistency in the design. It shows that you just selected colours you "liked" and didn't really think about why you chose it. The fonts are difficult to read. Theres far too many things happening at the top of the page. Anyway it looks like you downloaded a template and just added your information without any thought.

mrcfoodsrvc
04-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I think it looks great. Solid Foundation. Perhaps you can help with mine in return and we can talk about it in depth, comparing and contrasting our approaches. We're an online DME provider

easybreathe.com/blog

foxlogo
04-23-2014, 01:26 PM
thanks for the wonderful tips!!!
(from some reason I didn't get messages when you replied, so sorry for the late reply from me).

Rick48CM
04-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Hello foxlogo!
Your site's nice, I see you've got a large Twitter and Facebook base :) I like that there are a lot of Logo Animations to choose from and different ways to sort them.

The biggest thing that I would say needs addressed is the top of every page, there's just too much going on. I recommend removing the grey bars that frame the header, (and footer), it's just not attractive and adds to the mess. I think the Social Media Icons and "Like"/"Follow" buttons should be moved to the side, above "Browse most popular tags". It would help clean up the top and keep them all together. Lastly the grey boxes around everything should go, except around the "Cart" and "Search" sections.

Just my opinion, but wanted to give you specific options on how to clean it up. The rest of the site looks simple/clean, this would help it match. Good luck with the logo animating!