PDA

View Full Version : Launching my web platform Internationally.

Hostall
04-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Hello Every One. I am new on this platform. I have a question in mind . I need your opinion about launching my online business globally. Want to know if it will work. I have not gone global before. I have a web platform Monday Market (http://www.mondaymarketnigeria.com). I was to start it in my country Nigeria, but from experience it may take this idea some time since the level of internet business is still low. I have couple of online business that i in the country presently. I have web design knowledge and also run an hosting company in Nigeria. I already purchased the domain name www.mondaymarket.net for the international platform.
I got an advice from my wifes brother and her wife . They are citizen in the USA. said i should launch this site globally in the USA and stop the Nigeria One.
My question is this. Will this idea fly ie could it work, since i have not gone global before. Are there any challenges i you think i may envisage.

Note Monday market is an online platform where Exhibitors meets visitors. Its a replica of physical traditional trade show . Please fill free to go through the site . but i have not completed it since i have not make up my mind.

Please i need your guide, advice. I see good site make good traffic. Also note that if its starts, it will have nothing to do with Nigeria. even the name.

Thanks All expecting your replies

Harold Mansfield
04-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi Hostall. I've moved this thread to reviews because that's what you are requesting. Normal forum etiquette would be to introduce yourself here : http://www.small-business-forum.net/introduce-yourself/ , instead of your first post being a link to your website.

With that said, I don't think anyone can tell you if your business idea will work or not. Hopefully you've done enough market research to determine if there is a an interest in such a website. I don't know anything about the business climate in Nigeria.
I do live in Vegas which has the most trade shows in the world. But I'm not convinced an online "trade show" would actually work.

Sounds like an interesting idea as a place for exhibitors to showcase online for people who didn't make it to the show, but my question is how will you get the content?

MyITGuy
04-22-2014, 03:13 PM
But I'm not convinced an online "trade show" would actually work.

Same here. One of the main purposes of my attendance at Trade Shows is to network with other individuals in the industry, similar careers and etc.