PDA

View Full Version : Business Owners: What Are Your Biggest Problems When Blogging?

danstelter
04-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Just curious on the above question. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks,

Dan

mcarter024
04-18-2014, 07:52 PM
For me, starting out was very difficult because I had no audience.

It's like opening up a restaurant, and making the food delicious, and getting menus printed, and then finally opening the door and wondering where all the customers were.

It's hard to write good content effectively, and not just good content, but good content that hooks, that catches the search engines the right way, and is shareable.

I highly recommend both Hubspot (http://blog.hubspot.com/) and Content Marketing Institute (http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/) for blogging tips and pointers.

Hope this helps!

Wozcreative
04-19-2014, 11:57 PM
I'd have to say coming up with topics that would teach my clients something useful and interesting that they'd want to know about. My other issue is the amount of time it takes me to structure something so it is understandable, informative and correct. This involves a lot of research and writing/re-writing things. Often after 2 - 3 hours the blog post becomes abandoned because I would exhaust myself.

danstelter
04-21-2014, 09:20 AM
I'd have to say coming up with topics that would teach my clients something useful and interesting that they'd want to know about. My other issue is the amount of time it takes me to structure something so it is understandable, informative and correct. This involves a lot of research and writing/re-writing things. Often after 2 - 3 hours the blog post becomes abandoned because I would exhaust myself.

Thank you very much for your reply!

RayC
04-21-2014, 03:02 PM
My other issue is the amount of time it takes me to structure something so it is understandable, informative and correct. This involves a lot of research and writing/re-writing things. Often after 2 - 3 hours the blog post becomes abandoned because I would exhaust myself.

That sums up my problems! It takes a LOT of effort and time for me to clarify my thoughts (writing's never come easy so I figure the best way to get better is to keep at it. Participating in forums is part of this growing process. lol) Once the post is to my liking I send it to the wife for her to do her magic.

shadojake
04-23-2014, 08:15 PM

I whole heartedly agree with you about coming up with topics. I want each blog to be unique and informative but it's difficult to do so. Writing is not my issue, it's generating topics. I suppose I need to carry around a little notebook or use my kindle to jot down ideas as they come to me.

What do others do to come up with topics?

Dan Furman
04-24-2014, 05:46 PM
One thing I suggest is not to be "all business" in your blog. That opens up a ton of areas.

I've blogged about cooking burgers (http://www.clear-writing.com/2013/06/2366/), movies, etc.

Although I have to admit, I don't blog much.

Rick48CM
04-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Looks like I'm in good company :) I would say my biggest problem is coming up with interesting topics. I've got a notebook I jot ideas down in, but usually end up shooting them down for one reason or another. I get my best or most successful ideas from customer feedback, if there's a problem or common question that keeps coming up I find that gives me the purpose and direction I need.

Wozcreative
04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Looks like I'm in good company :) I would say my biggest problem is coming up with interesting topics. I've got a notebook I jot ideas down in, but usually end up shooting them down for one reason or another. I get my best or most successful ideas from customer feedback, if there's a problem or common question that keeps coming up I find that gives me the purpose and direction I need.

That's a great idea!

Ocha
04-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey Wozcreative,
Your name here says "creative" in it. Use that as motivation. If your customers have issues and problems, address them in your blog. With platforms like Wordpress, blogging is so easy to do. Don't worry about perfect. We are human so we can't be. Just put your thoughts into it (use spell check) and post it. I wish you the best.

Ocha
04-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Customer problems is one of the best sources of topics to write about if you have solutions.

LeadMaster
05-09-2014, 06:26 PM
For us it is time - blogging in itself is a position. We mostly blog about software enhancements and occasional news updates regarding company awards, industry studies, etc. which is more direct and less time intensive.