PDA

View Full Version : Website Review - How to increase sales

cwillmoth
04-02-2014, 03:14 PM
I run DNA Hosting an online company that offers domains, web hosting, web builder, and more services. I would like your review on how the site design/user-friendliness as well as any suggestions on how to improve sales. Always open to ideas and suggestions.

Thank you for any input!

http://dnahosting.info

-Cody

vangogh
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
My first impression is the site seems professionally designed and built. Pages are loading quickly and it's pretty easy to find my way around the site. One thing I notice is that many of the pages feel busy. There's a lot of information on them. It generally seems like the most important information is at the top with additional information below, but I wonder if all the info needs to be there on every page.

For example I'm on the Linux hosting page now. Instead of all the features at the bottom, what about one dedicated page showing a comparison of each plan's features? Also the info at the very top of the page about what's supported might work better under the plans and calls-to-action.

Since you asked about improving sales I started to go through your checkout process and noticed I need to create an account first. Why not just create the account for me automatically on purchase. You''ll have to ask for the same info anyway. Even though customers would still be filling out the same amount of information it would feel like less if it's all down when purchasing instead of as a separate form to create an account. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people leave the process when finding they have to create an account first.

Granted I can't know that for certain, which brings me to another point. Do you have any analytics set up to track what's happening on your site. In Google Analytics you can set up a simple sales funnel. You can have Google track a series of pages and see which page or pages in your shopping cart process people are exiting on and then look at those pages to determine why. You can check all sorts of stats to help you figure out if the problem isn't enough people visiting the site or if once on the site they aren't placing anything in their cart or if they leave during the purchasing process. The more you narrow down where the issue is, the easier it'll be to solve.

cwillmoth
04-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Thank you for the response! I am going to look into Google Analytics to see where my customers are exiting. A lot of good feedback thanks for your time, it is appreciated and will be used!