PDA

View Full Version : web site feedback please

tinker9696
03-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I would greatly appreciate any comments or feedback on our web site.
thanks
BIRDBRAIN PARROTS (http://www.birdbrainparrots.com)

justin-coreassistance
03-29-2014, 08:11 PM
It's clean and well laid out. I like that the products under "Shop" all have nice, clear images. You've got all the basics covered: location, contact info, and hours.

Here are my suggestions and things to fix:

It would be very helpful to have pictures of your store, both inside and outside. The former will help your potential customers connect with your business better ("look, this is an actual place that I can visit") and the latter will help them find it ("I know the front of the store looks like...").

I think the front page could use a tagline or really short introduction. What's your business all about? What makes it stand out? Why shouldn't I leave this website immediately? :)

Along those same lines, you might want to make the two paragraphs of text on the front page a little bigger on the front page, just so it catch's people's attention more.

You may want to consider providing more detail on the product pages. Things like ingredients, benefits, that sort of thing. You might even want to mention why the product is worthy of your store. You've mentioned in other threads that you won't stock stuff that isn't high quality and healthy for the pets; focus on that. Show people what makes these products great, and that you really care.

All uppercase in the title makes it sound like you're shouting. I would instead just have "Birdbrain Parrots". That's what's going to show up in Google results, bookmarks, at the top of the browser window, etc. I think it's fine the way you have it in the header above the navigation, though, as it's more spaced out there.

I would make the "Small Animals", "Shop", and "Baby Birds" text under those images links as well. My first instinct was to click on the text.

The "Our Birds" link at the bottom doesn't have a space between the two words.

Your "retail store" link at the bottom of the page links to your Squarespace domain instead of your own.

The email address in the last paragraph on the "Baby Birds" page isn't a link.

The map on the front page (showing terrain) and the map on the contact page (minimal, black and white) are very different. I recommend being consistent and changing one or the other so they match.

Question: Are you planning to add more products to the site? Having so few seems odd.

justin-coreassistance
03-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I think you need some kind of background other than the shade of grey that's there now. Maybe take a picture of the inside of your store, blur it, and put that back there?

nealrm
03-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Generally the site look good and functions well. It resizes well for width less than 800px. However, there is a lot of wasted space left/right for larger screens. The layout is only 800px wide and most screens are over 1280. So you may look into using some of that extra space.

tinker9696
03-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Thank you..Great suggestions!