PDA

View Full Version : Site with very high competitors

Nepalvolunteerdirecat
03-28-2014, 06:52 AM
I am working on a site "nepalvolunteerdirect.org" which consists of very high competitors. I have done both on page and off page optimization but still this site is not getting any traffic at all. What should i do further to generate traffic for this site?

DeniseTaylor
03-28-2014, 09:50 AM
If I were you, I would find some way to build up a following on social media like Facebook. Finding ways to engage your audience could create interest in what you're doing. The social signals will also help with your search engine traffic and rankings.

jonathant
03-28-2014, 10:35 AM
Well you said you pretty much have done on page and off page SEO. I think anyone who is familiar with SEO would tell you, focus on providing high quality content to your website. Think of why your visitors would visit your website rather than your competitors' websites. Also the social media thing suggested by Denise is great as well.

nealrm
03-28-2014, 10:35 AM
I think you are putting the cart before the horse in your marketing. Internet sites work because people search for the information. With volunteer work, people don't normally wake up in the morning and have "I think I'll do Volunteer work in Nepal" pop into their head. They either work into it by volunteering locally and then move on to volunteering worldwide, or go as part of a church or other volunteer organization. To get traffic to your site, you are need to get it in front of people, that means advertising. PPC is one of the cheapest forms and you can start there. You may also need to look into publication that focus on civil organizations. Many of the larger civil organization have magazines that offer advertisements. Put ads there.

David Bellm
04-15-2014, 11:21 PM
I would strongly consider offline tactics to drive traffic to the site. I think the most cost effective one would be publicity -- I'm sure there are plenty of magazines, newspapers, etc. that would be interested in various aspects of volunteering in Nepal.

Get a good press release together and send it to the right media. If you have a few dollars to spend on it, consider using one of the distribution services for your release to get it to a wider range of media more quickly.

The topic sounds very interesting -- I'm sure there are some really good angles these stories could take. If you have some writing ability, you can pitch article ideas directly to editors.

Also, as someone else here mentioned, getting lots of good content on the site would surely help. It seems like a topic that could have an almost endless variety of topics for content.

Another possibility is to see if you can collaborate with other websites to get the word out. Best are ones that are related, but not competing. Look for places that might allow you to contribute articles or guest posts.

andrewatmgxcopy
05-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Heyo @Nepalvolunteerdirecat,

Here's my 2 cents, after visiting your site:

A. You need something to DRIVE your website up. For that, I'd recommend link building (http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/growing-popularity-and-links). When I looked into the off-site link analytics (http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/links?site=http%3A%2F%2Fnepalvolunteerdirect.org%2 F) your site, I didn't find any.

B. I also agree with @jonathant - you should add a blog to your website. You should create content that is (a) keyword-rich, so you get found on Google organic search, and (b) follow-friendly, meaning people like the stuff you post and are likely to follow you.

Have you done any A. link building and B. content marketing?

v.conway222
06-05-2014, 09:20 AM
There is no doubt that you need to get the word out about your company - start with social media. Facebook would be great for your organisation as you can show your subscribers what the volunteers get up to. Volunteering is very popular among the teenage-early twenties age group at the moment, so using social media is a great way of targeting your target audience. Something else that would suit your business is blog writing - exciting and fresh content will liven up your social media feeds and website, all of which will be reflected in your search engine rank.

Damon the Marketer
06-06-2014, 11:33 AM
If you're trying to get traffic from keyword-specific SEO articles, it will usually take around 3 months to see significant results.

CoolHandCol
09-14-2014, 01:36 PM
If it's highly competitive then find a different way to get your name out there. Find some forums and blogs which are read by people you want to attract to your website and start contributing to them

singhabhishek251
11-12-2014, 09:34 AM
As you say that the competition is very high, so do not expect ranking and traffic anytime soon. You need to work hard and continuously for getting the rank for your desired keyword.