PDA

View Full Version : Here's a rather scary and aggressive Google penalty...

Brian Altenhofel
03-26-2014, 03:05 AM
This is insane. Period Matt Cutts on why Doc Sheldon's penalty was valid (http://inbound.org/discussion/view/this-is-insane-period-matt-cutts-on-why-doc-sheldon-s-penalty-was-valid)

Very interesting discussion.

The TL;DR version: Hispanic SEO copywriting blog allows a guest post on social media best practices, and that guest post includes a link to a Latino big-data organization with descriptive (and useful) anchor text. Matt Cutts says that because it's an SEO blog and not a social media blog, the manual penalty to the entire site was justified because the content was unrelated to SEO copywriting.

Patrysha
03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Interesting. I once wrote a press release for the founder of MBG - sad to see that what she was working on has indirectly led to this mess...

JoeInTheMiddle
09-19-2014, 12:21 PM
This is why I've almost stopped worrying about Google. Their logic is completely illogical. There's no winning an argument with a mad man.

singhabhishek251
10-04-2014, 08:26 AM
I too think that it is completely insane and you cannot penalize for each and every link that has been made for a website. They should see that percentage of links and the link profiles to understand the links for the website and then take any action.

CoolHandCol
11-01-2014, 05:24 PM
That's so harsh - especially when you look at the link profiles of some websites at the top of Google