PDA

View Full Version : New Website

PCDesktopRX
03-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I just launched our new website, and I wanted to see what you guys think of it.

PCDesktopRX - PCDesktopRX Home (http://www.pcdesktoprx.net)

Thanks!

justin-coreassistance
03-29-2014, 12:05 AM
I was going to take a look but it gives me a 403 - Forbidden error from Host Gator when I try to load it.

PCDesktopRX
03-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Sorry about that Justin, I was doing some last minute editing. It is up and running now though.

justin-coreassistance
03-31-2014, 10:47 PM
Things are clear and well laid out for the most part. The sections/navigation are clear and logical.

Some suggestions and things to fix:

I think you need a clear, prominent call-to-aciton in the header that compliments the phone number. Maybe a link to the chat or email. Something I, as a customer, can do online to get started without picking up the phone.

The social media icons in the top right and at the bottom are very tiny; I recommend enlarging them to be more inline with the relative size of the surrounding elements.

The "Donate Now" buttons at the bottom of the Services pages don't link to anything.

The press release link is broken (not found). I notice it links to Word doc; you should probably make it a PDF.

Clicking on the Live Chat just makes it vanish; no chat, nothing.

The Blog link in the navigation opens the blog in a new tab/window, which seems odd. Also, the social media links on the blog are choppy and distracting when scrolling.

You might have better luck if you have a suggested amount on the donation page. Some people might land there, see all the options, and freeze up because they don't know what to pick. Maybe have suggested amounts for different services, like $XX for virus removal, $XX for new computer setup, etc.

That's what I saw in a quick run-through. The pages are clear, uncluttered, and not overwhelming, which I think will help you out a lot.

I'm curious, depending on donations for 100% of your income seems very risky. Is this a new business that you're trying out or have you been doing this for a while and finding that it works?