PDA

View Full Version : SEO Newsletter

vangogh
02-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Normally we don't allow self promotion here, but I figure who's going to stop me. Plus I'm not really promoting myself, but rather a friend. Dave (our own theGypsy (http://www.small-business-forum.net/members/thegypsy.html)) is about to release a newsletter on seo called the SEO Geek Newsletter (http://www.huomah.com/News/Latest/Introducting-the-SEO-Geeks-Newsletter.html).

Dave regularly reads through search patents and other technical papers and helps distill them for those of us not so inclined to wade through all the tech talk. He's planning on opening an SEO Dojo (http://www.huomah.com/dojo/) before too long as well. I've had a peak inside and it looks good so far. Good info and good people in the private forums

Thought some here would be interested in a source for some higher seo learning beyond the basics. Hope you'll forgive this bit of promotion, but I think a few of you might be interested and figured it was ok to share. Besides like I said at the start who's going to stop me :)

rezzy
02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Ill stop you!!
I just need admin rights :)

Looks like a good site and information, and it looks FREE, my favorite four letters. I quickly skimmed the info, I will get an more in depth look today.

vangogh
02-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I'd like to see you try :)

Bryan if you're not following Dave's blog it's one you should probably add to your reader. He'll definitely give you some good info about SEO and it won't be the same old you often see everywhere else.

the goat
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up vangogh, been looking forward to this one for a while. I've definitely learned a few things from theGypsy.

vangogh
02-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Our wandering gypsy knows a thing or two doesn't he. I think you'll like the dojo once it's open. Dave already has some nice things inside and I think it will help take some past the beginner seo phase and to the next level.

cbscreative
02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Even if I tried to stop you, it would blow up in my face, so I won't even try. Besides, I have no desire to stop you.

vangogh
02-24-2009, 03:16 PM
muwahahaha

rezzy
02-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Even if I tried to stop you, it would blow up in my face, so I won't even try.

Use the force. I sense the force is strong with you.

Take down the menacing leader.

vangogh
02-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Luke, I am your father. Come to the dark side.

cbscreative
02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
No, I will never join the dark side!

billbenson
02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Dark side of the moon, Pink Floyd 1973.

Ooops, wrong thread :)

vangogh
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Funny. Bill, you're actually one of the people I thought might be most interested in the newsletter. Should be more than the usual basics you read everywhere and in the dojo you'll have the ear of some advanced SEOs.

billbenson
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I signed up and bookmarked the dojo the first day you posted it VG. Should have said something.

I tend to read stuff from people in SEO I respect including yourself and the Gypsy. I don't do a lot of experimentation or deep research, but do some. Kinda like, why read war and peace when you can buy the cliff notes.

As a footnote, I paused my adwords the beginning of Jan because my site started ranking quite well in the natural serps. Last night I took a look at an ad that wasn't working well. Deleted and changed a bunch of keywords and changed the ad a bit. Unpaused just the ads for that product, three in total. It was ranking one or two today at 17 cents per click. I've got a lot of ads that could use improvement. Some date back to when I first started out with adwords and are pretty sloppy to say the least. Ya gotta keep working at it.

vangogh
02-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Cool. Dave will be happy to have another subscriber. I know what you mean about reading the cliff notes too.