PDA

View Full Version : 7 Ways to Destroy Your Business Website

Harold Mansfield
03-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Saw this today in Website Mag and thought it was worth sharing.

Many of these things I was doing a while back and some I still need to work on. A business website should always be a work in progress to continue making improvements just as your business improves.

It's a quick read:

Destroy Your Business Website (http://webmag.co/destroy-your-business-website/)

user2837
08-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I just saw your link. Thanks for sharing. I agree that business websites can and should be a constantly evolving part of a business.

CoolHandCol
09-14-2014, 01:42 PM
It's easy to forget to take note of the points in the list when you are wrapped up in the whole of the business. Maybe print it out and pin it on the wall as a constant reminder!

cathyc100
09-14-2014, 02:23 PM
I agree. We are currently working on our site yet again.
It is a progression to keep your site current with new content
so people will feel the need to come back regularly and share your site.
Another avenue is the mobile market. Make sure you site is mobile friendly.
People that have a bad mobile experience will not only not go back but will tell others.

<please set up a signature through Settings>

Sociobiz
09-15-2014, 01:43 AM
#8 They make content unsearchable by storing informative text within one giant image like what they did in that article (or a flash program, or somewhere the search engine bots/spiders can't reach etc).

Sociobiz
09-15-2014, 01:44 AM
#1. Putting too much effort into keywords can make the text appear less natural. Google's algorithms are gradually becoming more sophisticated when it comes to this.

Harold Mansfield
09-15-2014, 10:26 AM
#1. Putting too much effort into keywords can make the text appear less natural. Google's algorithms are gradually becoming more sophisticated when it comes to this.

I've been trying to tell people this for over a year now, and most just do not want to hear it. They are stuck on keyword stuffing as their primary internet marketing strategy like it's 2005.
I'm glad people are taking notice of this article, it gets right to the point.

Blessed
09-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm constantly fighting against #4 and #6 with one of my clients.

Great read, thanks Harold!

FabEvents
10-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Very informative. I was making many of those mistakes a while back. Thanks for sharing!

singhabhishek251
10-16-2014, 03:00 AM
I liked the last point that need understanding of current trends in business and if anyone who has this insight to understand the current trend in business can definitely succeed in business and will be successful.

shrinkme
10-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Sometimes you can make improvements, sometimes you just have to start over. Our website design is lacking, and some content is needed... it started out as a way to collect leads from another website. We will probably continue improving for now.

ppcsuccess2014
10-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Thank you for sharing this list..very informative.

I enjoyed the list.

FirstPortMarketing
12-01-2014, 08:24 AM
#8 They make content unsearchable by storing informative text within one giant image like what they did in that article (or a flash program, or somewhere the search engine bots/spiders can't reach etc).

This is my number one pet peeve without a doubt. At least add an intro paragraph before the infographic. And add an actual link to the book!

ofesak
12-02-2014, 04:13 PM
In general that article is about 3 general mistakes:

1. Incorrect or too much rely on Keyword Research
2. Not understanding competition
3. Not understanding market / audience

And yes, I bet we all try to fight that problems, and I am sure only about 5% of all existing website owners do everything right.